Barriers to Medical Marijuana Research Crumbling

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Finally the barriers to simply doing research on medical marijuana are crumbling

http://reason.com/blog/2015/06/26/bureaucratic-barriers-to-medical-marijua

This week the Obama administration eliminated a gratuitous bureaucratic obstacle to medical marijuana research and two vehemently anti-drug senators convened a hearing on how the approval process can be further streamlined.

Two Senators recently convened a hearing to consider the barrier to MM research. They heard one

emergency room physician and self-identified conservative from California, testified that his 12-year-old daughter, Mallory, who had her first seizure at 14 months, was eventually suffering 30 to 40 a month and as many as a dozen a night. “No prescribed medications kept her seizures under control and allowed her to have any quality of life,” Minahan said. “Some medications had such toxic side effects that my wife and I often wondered if it was better for her to just try and live with constant seizures.”

My guess is that the barrier to MM research are going to fall dramatically in the last year of Obama's term. The public is all for it!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources