Bateman Horne Center Bringing it For ME/CFS in 2016

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
The Bateman Horne Center is partnering with academic scientists and industry to make objective diagnosis and treatment a reality for ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia. Suzanne Vernon

The Bateman Horne Center of Excellence is a new conception but with Suzanne Vernon on board and with Dr. Bateman's vision of a major center for ME/CFS and FM patients driving it, it's already breaking new ground.

[fright]
BatemanHorneCenter_Logo.jpg
[/fright]The Center had a great clinical base with Dr. Bateman and now Suzanne Vernon is bumping up its research side. Suzanne has created partnerships with top researchers such as Lasker Award Winner Michael Houghton and immunologist Derya Unutmaz that she helped to introduce to chronic fatigue syndrome. Houghton believes he's found a diagnostic test and Unutmaz is taking a deep dive into the immune system using some of the sophisticated tools on the planet.

The Center is also doing clinical trials on the sublingual form of Flexeril in fibromyalgia - which looks like it could be a hit. Perhaps most interestingly, the Center is examining autoantibody patterns that the Lights have picked up kind of on the sly. Since no paper has been produced it appears that they think they're onto something.
The Center is also investigating the Oura Ring in the hopes it can successfully monitor sleep and energy consumption in, hopefully, thousands of ME/CFS patients.
It's a good start for the Center. Here’s what Suzanne Vernon had to say about what the Bateman Horne Center has underway and in store for 2016 in a blog on distinguishing biomarkers.
  • We’ve partnered with Drs. Isabel Barao and Dorothy Hudig of the University of Nevada, Reno to study ME/CFS in families to determine the role of genetics in Natural Killer cell function.
  • We’ve partnered with Drs. Kathy and Alan Light of the University of Utah to confirm specific autoantibody patterns in ME/CFS.
  • We are working with Eli Lilly, Daiichi Sankyo and Tonix Pharmaceuticals on Fibromyalgia clinical trials.
  • We are working with Drs. Ian Lipkin and Mady Hornig to understand the microbiome in ME/CFS.
  • We will be working with Dr. Michael Houghton and his team at the University of Alberta to confirm a potential diagnostic test for ME/CFS.
  • We are co-investigators with Dr. Derya Unutmaz from the Jackson Laboratory of Genomic Medicine on an NIH application to examine immune cell populations in ME/CFS.
Check out the rest of her blog "A RoadMap For Advancing Research" here.

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources