Biomarker found by Melbourne scientists: MECFS (Canadian Consensus Criteria)

Not dead yet!

Hmm, I may be missing something but they also say, "Also, no significant differences were detected for IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-10, IL-17A, TNF or IFN-gamma."

I'm pretty sure I recently saw a cytokine fingerprint announcement that included at least IFN-gamma, probably more of those, but I'd have to look again.

JennyJenny

Where do you see xmrv anywhere in that article? Edit - Find turned up no matches.

I reference XMRV in that the "research" and "proof" that a retrovirus was responsible made everyone salivate before there was any hard proof it had anything to do with ME/CFS or existed outside of a lab anomaly.

I am not jumping on board with this yet. I don't think anyone really is except they have to report on it because she just got a ton of money thrown at her.

Not dead yet!

I reference XMRV in that the "research" and "proof" that a retrovirus was responsible made everyone salivate before there was any hard proof it had anything to do with ME/CFS or existed outside of a lab anomaly.

I am not jumping on board with this yet. I don't think anyone really is except they have to report on it because she just got a ton of money thrown at her.

Getting back on topic, what do you think of Activin B?

JennyJenny

I read "somewhere" that Activin B is an issue with lots of diseases. So it won't be definitive for ME/CFS AND we have to expand and replicate this in different labs around the world. Even if Activin B indicates there is something wrong (like loss of muscle mass which the psychiatrists will LOVE because all they ever say is we are deconditioned) it doesn't help to pull us from the grips of psychiatrists (they will just tell patients to use GET) and we have to get markers that are a unique set that actually EXPLAIN the disease like those found in Ron Davis' work.

I don't have much faith in it and it is more of a distraction from the real work than anything.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources