Boredom and anxiety about future

Big ćoF

Do you ever feel and worry that the thing that gives your life meaning and I may even say keeps you alive will eventually become boring and you won't be able to find the new thing unless you get better (which I can't be sure will happen), so you get very anxious about the future and wonder how you will hold on?

Abrin

I must admit that I haven't really had anything in my life to give it meaning for a very long time.

My days are generally filled full of boredom until they end and it is time to sleep.

Yet even though I have nothing in my life that has meaning and the days pass by in painful boredom. I am still holding on.

Not sure if that is helpful in any way but I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to hold on in life even if it is without some 'grand plan' or meaning.

Read Man’s Search for Meaning by Frankl.
Hobbies are the key to happiness. Especially ones with a learning curve like an instrument.

jaminhealth

I must admit that I haven't really had anything in my life to give it meaning for a very long time.

My days are generally filled full of boredom until they end and it is time to sleep.

Yet even though I have nothing in my life that has meaning and the days pass by in painful boredom. I am still holding on.

Not sure if that is helpful in any way but I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to hold on in life even if it is without some 'grand plan' or meaning.
Are you able to be of "service" to those less fortunate and can't get around...doing for others is a very positive in one's life. Doing some shopping, etc and for sure in these times. I have a nice group of helpers....and I know they do what they do with their hearts.

jaminhealth

Sadly, I can't be of service to those less fortunate who can't get around because I can hardly get around myself. :/
I know that one as I've been so worse off since hip replacement going on 10 yrs now...so for me at going on 82, I live on my good memories and my handful of friends and family, everyone is busy with their lives, but thankfully they squeeze me in. And feel so much brighter when the SUN is shining. Take care.

jaminhealth

Do you ever feel and worry that the thing that gives your life meaning and I may even say keeps you alive will eventually become boring and you won't be able to find the new thing unless you get better (which I can't be sure will happen), so you get very anxious about the future and wonder how you will hold on?
I don't know your issue but we need to keep TRYING....and count all the Good Stuff in our lives...hope you have some. And even get into meditation practice, it does change your brain thinking.

jaminhealth

Slog, I'm on earth almost 82 yrs and never called it that....What the H is slog. Life is an Experience To Be Lived and not A Problem To Be Solved.....

Keep that Negative attitude and that's what you will get.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

New Threads

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources