Bullet Proof Coffee Enema

Who Me?

CE's have been around for awhile. Dr. Gerson has a protocol that many follow. I had been talking to someone who drinks Bullet Proof Coffee and when I saw this I had to share

The Bulletproof Coffee Enema: Everything You’ve Always Wanted To Know About Coffee Enemas (But Were Afraid To Ask).

Two months ago, in an edgy detoxification and self-experimentation move, I found myself lying on my right side in my bathtub with an infrared lamp shining on my lower abdomen and a tube full of Upgraded Bulletproof® Coffee getting shot up my butt.

That’s right – I gave myself a Bulletproof Coffee® enema.

And I gotta tell you: not only did I feel “clean as a whistle” afterwards, but my energy levels were so intense and amazing for the rest of that day that I’ve given myself nearly a dozen Bulletproof Coffee®enemas since then.

C’mon, I know you’re colon is just quivering with curiosity now, right?

Let’s delve in into everything you’ve always wanted to know about coffee enemas (but were afraid to ask).

Read more http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2014/06/bulletproof-coffee-enema/

Upgrayedd

Holy... crap. I admit to drinking this particular brand of coffee, and I admit to sometimes drinking it blended with butter, MCT oil and cacao butter. But, I don't see myself anytime in the near future funneling it up my ass.

Not for nuthin', but I drink decaf only. As discussed on another thread, I cannot tolerate caffeine, which I believe is the Rx for a coffee enema. If I ever tried this, I think my head would explode, and my heart rate would be about triple the one @lisaadele is discussing on the maximum heart rate thread this morning.

I will never look at a cup of BulletProof Coffee the same again.

Last edited:

Veet

Coffee Enemas (CE's) have been a very strong and positive part of my healing regimen over the last 3 years. Enemas became the one place I was willing to take risks, and eventually added many things to the enemas before and after my CEs. This included aminos and minerals, metal magnet substances, and chlorella. I found that the specially designed coffee for enemas (yes, it's true, as hippy-dippy as it may sound) relieved me of the restlessness and sleeplessness I experienced when using organic coffees intended for drinking. There are many references at this CE site: http://sawilsons.com/library/

And some more things to funnel up your ass:

[This was posted by a woman referring to a book, I don't know the name of the book. veet]
...there is also a flaxseed tea enema which she describes as an in dinky soothing enema that’s useful for any kind of inflammatory bowel illness such as colitis or Crohn’s disease. It is also wonderful for helping to bring hydration to the colon to relieve fear and anxiety and to help to stabilise blood sugar.

Water enema
Triple water enema- to apply 3 water enemas in sequence has a great,y increased
effect and is ideal at the onset of a cold, flu, sore throat or sinus congestion
to bring extra stimulation to the lymph system.
Aloe Vera enema - adding to a water enema has an anti inflammatory effect on the
mucosa of the colon. This makes it ideally suited to aiding any inflammatory
conditions within the digestive system.
Coffee enema - most powerful detox tool for the liver. You need to be very
careful with this technique as it is one of ht easiest to misunderstand. Coffee
enemas do cause some loss of electrolytes (calcium, magnesium, sodium and
potassium) which can cause stress in come cases. If overused or used in the
wrong situation, they can bring about stress in the kidneys or adrenals due to
this diuresis. Should be part of a supervised programme.
Choline Bitartrate enema - can be used as an alternative when a coffee enema
should not be used ( eg in a person who is very dehydrated, where the loss of
electrolytes could cause problems
Chamomile enema - chamomile tea is a gentle sedative and when added to a water
enema is absorbed via the haemmorrhoidal vein ( as with a coffee enema). It
travels via the portal system two the liver and has a calming effect upon it and
the rest of the body
Magnesium enema

To make:
Place 2 tablespoon of flaxseeds in a large non aluminium pan
Add 2 pints of water and heat
Bring to the boil, immediately take off heat and cover
Let the mixture stand for 12 hours or overnight
Return the pan to the heat and gently simmer with the lid off for 1 hour
Immediately sieve the tea and discard the seeds
The thick liquid can be stored in the fridge once cooled if it is not being used immediately

Instructions:-
Mix the flaxseed tea with warm water, bringing the mixture to body temperature and to a consistency that makes it easy to pass through an enema tube
Hold for 15-20 minutes.

http://suzycohen.com/articles/coffee-enema-benefits-for-you/
I think it is interesting that coffee enemas were outlined as a treatment in the revered “Merck Manual,” a thick book that physicians used as their primary reference for decades, until the mid 1970‘s.

It’s not the enema as much as it is the coffee that helps. Please realize that you are exposed to a barrage of toxic compounds in your life, you can easily become overloaded, from diet alone, and add in environmental pollutants, air pollution, electromagentic pollution, estrogenic compounds in your personal care products, plasticizers, xenobiotic compounds and so forth. Some of you cannot detoxify as well as others. Coffee enemas are supposed to help a person make glutathione, an antioxidant and that sends poisons packing. More on that momentarily.
...Question: Coffee enemas make my legs cramp. Why is that?
Answer: Coffee is a drug mugger of minerals, in other words it acts like a drug and robs the body of essential nutrients. It’s not normally a strong depletion but it can certainly happen. This is why I recommend minerals if you are going to do coffee enemas routinely (or if you notice muscle spasms, leg cramps, minor/occasional cardiac skipped beats, fatigue… signs of dehydration and mineral depletion)… Restore your electrolytes with E-lyte Balanced Electrolyte Concentrate by BodyBio or with Re-lyte Electrolyte Capsules by Redmond. I don’t suggest Gatorade because of the additives and sugar and/or food coloring.
Question: How long should I retain the fluid?
Answer: Every 3 minutes, your liver filters all of the blood in your body. Isn’t that amazing?! So think in terms of 3 minute cycles. If you can retain it only for 3 minutes the first time, that’s alright. Ideally, you should work up to the point where you can retain it for about 12 to 15 minutes. That way, your liver will have cycled your body’s blood 4 to 5 times with the coffee fluid present. Remember, the coffee enema may be in your bottom, but the fluid goes right through your portal vein to your liver and stimulates bile flow. That is it’s mechanism of action, to go to your liver (via your rectum) and get toxins out of you.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
CE's have been around for awhile. Dr. Gerson has a protocol that many follow. I had been talking to someone who drinks Bullet Proof Coffee and when I saw this I had to share

The Bulletproof Coffee Enema: Everything You’ve Always Wanted To Know About Coffee Enemas (But Were Afraid To Ask).

Read more http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2014/06/bulletproof-coffee-enema/
That is so funny......

I have my own colonics story to share. I got a home colonics kit. It consisted of a board, tubes, bucket and what not. I was determined to clean out my colon once and for all!

So there I was in my sisters back yard lying on my back, legs raised, tube up my butt and the liquids, let me tell you were flowing, and who walks around the side house of the house and into the back yard but some Fed Ex guy who is going to get his package delivered no matter what.

Sees me lying with the tub up my you know what, hears the liquids gurgling into the pail and doesn't bat an eye. Says, Hi I have a package for you! Hands me the thing sign, I sign it - horrified - mumble something about cleaning out my colon - and he smiles and is off!

Cort

Staff member
Coffee Enemas (CE's) have been a very strong and positive part of my healing regimen over the last 3 years. Enemas became the one place I was willing to take risks, and eventually added many things to the enemas before and after my CEs. This included aminos and minerals, metal magnet substances, and chlorella. I found that the specially designed coffee for enemas (yes, it's true, as hippy-dippy as it may sound) relieved me of the restlessness and sleeplessness I experienced when using organic coffees intended for drinking. There are many references at this CE site: http://sawilsons.com/library/

And some more things to funnel up your ass:
Julie Rehmeyer told me she has done hundreds of coffee enemas and considers them essential parts of her healing regimen as well. They rev me up but then leave tired out the next day so I do rarely although I must say I enjoy them heartily when I do them..:hungry:

Cort

Staff member
Holy... crap. I admit to drinking this particular brand of coffee, and I admit to sometimes drinking it blended with butter, MCT oil and cacao butter. But, I don't see myself anytime in the near future funneling it up my ass.

Not for nuthin', but I drink decaf only. As discussed on another thread, I cannot tolerate caffeine, which I believe is the Rx for a coffee enema. If I ever tried this, I think my head would explode, and my heart rate would be about triple the one @lisaadele is discussing on the maximum heart rate thread this morning.

I will never look at a cup of BulletProof Coffee the same again.
:facepalm:

I am very sensitive to caffeine as well. With a coffee enema you ingest sooo much caffeine that I would think my head would blow off or my heart would explode but actually for some reason the caffeine hit, while I get one, is disproportionately less than I would expect.

loki

isn't it easier to make yourself an Adderall enema? you would just need about 1/250th of liquid!
edit: ok i answered it to myself
Theophylline and theobromine, major constituents of coffee, dilate blood vessels and counter inflammation of the gut. The palmitates of coffee enhance glutathione S-transferase, which is responsible for the removal of many toxins from the blood

Last edited:

SueS

You know, there are really only so many places on the web that you can talk about coffee enemas. I have found that tweeting about them really doesn't come across to people as funny.

I forget sometimes that people find them incredibly cringeworthy, I've been doing them for so long :)

Isn't it funny how pouring something in one end of your body has such a different effect than pouring it in the other?

San Diego

That is so funny......

I have my own colonics story to share. I got a home colonics kit. It consisted of a board, tubes, bucket and what not. I was determined to clean out my colon once and for all!

So there I was in my sisters back yard lying on my back, legs raised, tube up my butt and the liquids, let me tell you were flowing, and who walks around the side house of the house and into the back yard but some Fed Ex guy who is going to get his package delivered no matter what.

Sees me lying with the tub up my you know what, hears the liquids gurgling into the pail and doesn't bat an eye. Says, Hi I have a package for you! Hands me the thing sign, I sign it - horrified - mumble something about cleaning out my colon - and he smiles and is off!
Best laugh of the week! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Tina

I have done more than hundreds of coffee enemas, more like 900+. I did a coffee enema or a coffee colonic every day for 2 1/2 years. I think I missed about three days. The colonics were done at a holistic clinic and it was part of a larger program. I can say that time period, which was approximately year 2, 3, and 1/2 of my 4th of my now 8 year illness, was the only I time I saw improvement in my health.

It was a complete program so I don't know how any one thing would do on its own.

I thought Echinacea was holistic and ridiculous when I showed up at this clinic. And the very first day they said go home and do a coffee enema and come back tomorrow for your first colonic. I think I was just too sick to question it. I was not doing much more than driving at that point.

In addition to the enemas / colonics the program looked something like this:
Nutrition: no wheat, no dairy (except unpasteurized goat's milk), no sugar, no beef and no pork and 16 oz of fresh juiced carrots with aloe vera juice added
Supplements: everything from regular vitamins and minerals to tree bark tea, chlorophyll, milk thistle, Neem-X, Vindanga (very powerful), MMS (Miracle Mineral Support which is a malaria treatment) and many more. At times I was taking 40 plus pills a day.
Testing: Every time I went for a colonic they tested my saliva and urine and based on that and my symptoms, they adjusted the supplements; also had two hair analysis done

There was more...hyperbaric chamber, infrared massage table thing.......

I finally left for two reasons: 1) the expense, when I was going 2 to 3 days a week it was nearly $1,300 a month. At some point I dropped to 1 to 2 days a week then 1 day then .... 2) At some point it starts to feel like the enemas are ruling you. I can tell you that if you miss even one day of having an enema once your body gets used to it, you will feel very sick. It made travel home very difficult.

Between the cost and just feeling like I wanted my body to function on its "own," I made the decision to leave the program. Without the constant guidance I could not manage knowing what to take and when. It took about a year for me to start to notice a real downturn again. That was about 3 or 4 years ago.

SueS

@Veet That is very intimate, isn't it, asking someone for their poo? When it comes to exchange of body fluids its certainly the grossest and least pleasurable type (except maybe for snot but that's generally not an agreed-upon exchange)

Veet

@Veet That is very intimate, isn't it, asking someone for their poo? When it comes to exchange of body fluids its certainly the grossest and least pleasurable type (except maybe for snot but that's generally not an agreed-upon exchange)
One was a teen, whose father , a friend, I asked. She declined. The other was a neighbor I didn't know, who has small grandchildren. She seemed horrified. That's when I quit. I don't have a network of friends to approach. I was really looking for a better gut balance to counter weight gain. I found a new probiotic instead, though I don't know that it's affected fat metabolism.

SueS

It makes me laugh to think of someone being horrified but sad for you that you couldn't get any poo ☺ Good luck with the probiotics

Hope

@Cort, that's a hilariously cringey story omg I would have been mortified. Sounds like he'd seen all kinds of things though and didn't bat an eye.

I've thought about who I'd ask for a fecal transplant and I'm pretty sure one brother - super healthy - would be totally fine with it but he lives so far away I don't know if the sample could travel safely for so long. However, my digestion is improving significantly so am holding off that idea.

Coffee enemas have been an important part of my ability to function in the last two years. I've been doing them about 5x a week and feel great almost every time, with clear thinking, close to normal energy and a good mood for a few hours. I don't get coffee jitters at all.

Once in a while I've been worried that my natural peristalsis will have atrophied so I stop the CEs to give my intestines a chance to do their thing naturally, which they do the second day. So I don't worry about that anymore.

I do supplement with liquid ionic minerals and electrolytes.

Veet

Once in a while I've been worried that my natural peristalsis will have atrophied so I stop the CEs to give my intestines a chance to do their thing naturally, which they do the second day. So I don't worry about that anymore.
Yes, I happily found the same thing. No negative effects whatsoever.:)

SueS

Because I can't go for very long without talking about shooting coffee up my arse ...

I've been checking my heart rate variability (as discussed in part on this thread). I got my heart rate monitor yesterday and have had it on pretty much constantly ever since.

There were two things I noticed today that brought up my LF (which reflects parasympathetic activity). One was lying with my legs up the wall for 15 minutes or so. I noticed about a half hour later that my LF levels had lifted. But they still didn't get above my HF levels (which reflect sympathetic activity, but also some parasympathetic too, apparently, just to complicate things). That signified that I am basically in sympathetic dominance all the live-long day.

Sigh.

But for one brief 10 minutes my parasympathetic jumped above my sympathetic. It was about 15 minutes after I had a coffee enema for the day.

I did also drink some electrolyte drink, so it could be due to that.

Or it could be due to something I did last Tuesday or two hours ago.

But I like to think it's my emotional saviour, the arse coffee. Whether that's what shifted my LF, It's one more level of positivity added to what is a super positive experience, despite the the unpleasant bit around shoving a hose up your bum :D

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources