CARNIVORE (no plants) diet (yeah it's supposed to be shocking ^^)

Folk

By CARNIVORE I mean only meat (and meaty products) and water. That's all

So it's seems its catching slowly. But deffinetelly becoming a trend. There are some studies I'll link later. And a lot of anedoctal evidence that we not just don't need vegetables but they are bad for us. All the toxins from theirs defense mechanisms and other stuff we don't digest may do more harm than good.

There are a lot of question that will pop into your head automatically "Vitamin C?" "Fiber?" "All vitamins and nutrients from plants."

Well there are answers for all of those, that seems perfect reasonable and I'll try to adress them and any other questions you guys may ask. And frankly I've never seen fiber fix any constipation in my life (includinng mine), NEVER.

For now any knowledge/experience are welcome.

Just please let's not turn this into a ethical discussion about veganism vs carnivorism. Thanks! :)

TJ_in_UT

I'm not on board with an all-meat diet, but I agree that there are some parts of plants that are troublesome. The lectins in grains and legumes are damaging to the gut, so example, but fruits are intended to be eaten, so I have no qualms with them. I eat a lot of fruits and raw leafy greens for the nutrients they provide.

The Eskimos traditionally lived on a diet very high in meat/fish and very low in any kind of plants, so it works for at least some people. From my years following Eat Right For Your Type or the GenoType Diet by Dr. Peter D'Adamo, and learning about the research behind those programs, I know that the genes that determine your blood type also affect other factors that determine what foods you're best able to assimilate. For example, people with blood type O have the highest levels of stomach acid, and tend to have more reactive immune systems, and so diets high in animal fat and protein are well-suited to them. On the other hand, blood type A predisposes you to lower levels of stomach acid, and therefore reduced capacity to digest meals heavy in animal protein, but are able to tolerate more lectins; for example, the type A antigen is believed to actually bind the primary wheat lectin, WGA, and render it harmless, but that's only an effect if you are an ABO secretor (meaning, you secrete your blood type antigens into body fluids other than blood). ABO secretors are also more resistant to candida overgrowth, probably because the good bacteria living in the gut use the ABO antigens as a food source, and are able to thrive and not leave much ecological space for the candida to overgrow. ABO non-secretors get norovirus resistance: http://journals.plos.org/plospathogens/article?id=10.1371/journal.ppat.1005385 but that's the only benefit I know of. I'm a non-secretor, blood type B+ myself, so my ideal diet looks more heavy on meat and fish, but still includes plenty of fruits and non-starchy veggies.

And frankly I've never seen fiber fix any constipation in my life (including mine), NEVER.
Yep, neither have I, at least not for more than a couple of days. Eliminating starchy foods does me a lot more good.

TJ_in_UT

It seems I need to make a retraction. I've been using ground flax seed for over a month, and it's actually helping with constipation. I think the type of fiber is very important. Most fiber supplements use psyllium, which is mostly soluble fiber. Flax has a much higher proportion of insoluble to soluble fiber, and I think that's why it's working for me. Soluble fiber can actually SLOW DOWN your gut. Insoluble fiber is sort of like a push broom, sweeping out the rubbish that's collected in your gut.

ponypanic

I would recommend watching the Netflix programme ‘ the game changer’ to challenge this idea we need a meat based diet at all, wish I could concentrate long enough to thoroughly research these things myself! But anyway the worlds strongest man and top athletes are vegan, so I’m going to go in that direction. I also really have a problem with the meat industry and animal welfare anyways.

New Threads

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources