cat's claw (samento) side effects

bobby

I've started using cat's claw (similar to samento) and am wondering about the side effects. I feel more viral symptoms, like sore throat, swollen/tender lymph nodes (random, not symetrical), etc. Is this a sign that it's working, i.e. a good sign? First time in a long time that I've been able to take something, so it's pretty exciting!

Who Me?

I know some people on Buhner's protocol have taken this.

I know it can be very powerful. In fact it was on my list of things to try.

I would think if you feel viral then maybe it's doing something.?

Hopefully someone here will know more and can answer.

Tammy7

I've been on Cats Claw for almost 10 months along with a list of other things. I had to start with 2 tiny drops 2x daily. I started with larger doses but the detox was too much.............but then again I had also started other natural anti-virals as well. I think Cats Claw is one of the strongest herbal anti-virals there is. The fact that your viral symptoms are worse does not surprise me...............the battle is on! It's not a bad thing but if you start feeling much worse than is comfortable for you...........I would back down on the dosage.

bobby

thanks @Tammy7 ! I'm on 4 drops and since yesterday the fluey feeling seems to be subsiding. Does that mean I should start thinking about adding a drop you think? Or just stay on the same dose?

Tammy7

When my die off symptoms started to fade off............I stayed on the same dose anywhere from 1-2 weeks before raising the dosage. I don't know your level of functioning...........I was pretty ill when I started. My body was pretty weak so I had to go really slow.

bobby

thanks @Tammy7 my level of functioning is pretty low (housebound mostly resting all day long). it's probably safer to go really slow, like you say. I haven't been able to take anything for a long time, so I better be cautious... :watching:

Remy

Administrator
I've started using cat's claw (similar to samento) and am wondering about the side effects. I feel more viral symptoms, like sore throat, swollen/tender lymph nodes (random, not symetrical), etc. Is this a sign that it's working, i.e. a good sign? First time in a long time that I've been able to take something, so it's pretty exciting!
I got that type of response to artemisinin and cat's claw...my doctor said it was an overreaction of my th1 system causing the symptoms. She preferred herbs that were more immunomodulatory in nature for me instead since there were other signs that my immune system was overactive. I don't know if that is true for you as well though.

You might try burbur with it to help detox though.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources