Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and IBS Symptom Survey To Establish Biological Cause

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
[fright]
fibromyalgia-pain.jpg
[/fright]It's a pretty quick survey with a nice list of symptoms. (I added a few). Please do the survey! It's important to be able to differentiate the symptoms of ME/CFS, FM and IBS.

We are conducting a survey into the symptoms of people with ME/CFS, FMS and IBS. The aim of this study is to explore the hypothesis that these illnesses have a distributed biological cause. A distributed biological cause is something that affects the whole body. One of the predictions from this model is that people with these disorders should have multiple, overlapping symptoms. We are carrying out the first study designed to gain a comprehensive picture of the symptoms of people with ME/CFS, fibromyalgia and irritable bowel syndrome.

You can find it here: https://www.psy.plymouth.ac.uk/onlineresearch/FunctionalDisorders/(S(ovqhtm0t4dm5hcmduvuvmcjw))/default.aspx?Code=xhd9G146mL

I added cement or heavy feeling legs by the way. I think that's a distinction symptom for ME/CFS and probably FM

Last edited:

serotone9

Interesting survey. I added extreme dizziness, daytime somnolence, and hypoglycemia, all of which I believe are neurological in origin.

Katie

Did it. I added problems with balance, spatial awareness, rt limb weakness. That's all I could think of for now.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Did it. I added problems with balance, spatial awareness, rt limb weakness. That's all I could think of for now.
Cool....I know there are some more out there! I also added burning muscle pain...

Did they have vertigo in there? Or migraines? I think they had headaches but not sure about migraines.

Not sure if they had floaters in there.

Katie

Yes, I forgot those ones you just mentioned. I think it had fainting but not vertigo. Eye "floaters" nobody could ever give me a good explanation for what causes them. One doc said it's dust-hmmmm maybe. I don't have as much problem with floaters as I used to or I am used to them and don't notice. But year after year my diplopia is worse and worse. Same with light sensitivity-much worse.
Oh I thought of another-did they mention jaw pain?

Merida

Thank you Cort. I took the survey too. I like the concept of " a distributed biological cause." I'm there!!! Also, when my sacrum / pelvis is really "out" my legs get really heavy. One leg is always functionally shorter - the left - caused by pelvis torque and head that is not sitting straight on spine.

barbinco

[fright]View attachment 743 [/fright]It's a pretty quick survey with a nice list of symptoms. (I added a few). Please do the survey! It's important to be able to differentiate the symptoms of ME/CFS, FM and IBS.

You can find it here: https://www.psy.plymouth.ac.uk/onlineresearch/FunctionalDisorders/(S(ovqhtm0t4dm5hcmduvuvmcjw))/default.aspx?Code=xhd9G146mL

I added cement or heavy feeling legs by the way. I think that's a distinction symptom for ME/CFS and probably FM

fibroite

Hi Cort,
I did the survey too & added a couple of my extras but I can't remember what I added! I hope this qualifies that fibro fog does exist, just in case in ever comes up, I have to laugh, some of the things I do are so crazy I feel like I am making them!

Carl#1

Beware everyone because that university is a school of psychology! You know the type of people who have been attempting to show that CFS/ME/Fibro is all in people's minds......
Plymouth University - School of Psychology

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources