Cinnamon Oil for Health.

Remy

Administrator
Who else uses cinnamon to improve health?

I started out using it in my morning coffee because it tastes good and I read that it improves insulin sensitivity...but it looks like the benefits are more far ranging than just that. (And it turns out that most powdered cinnamon isn't actually cinnamon but closely related cassia.)

Cinammon is also an important antimicrobial agent. There's even a whole Lyme protocol designed around it. I'll save you the money though...you can find the protocol here:

http://www.stopthelymelies.com/stll...-oil-protocol-including-instructions-for-free

I don't know if it works, but it seems fairly benign and possibly worth a shot for people that don't want to take antibiotics for one reason or another.

It does seem important to use a very high quality essential oil from Sri Lanka. The one I bought is from Ananda Apothecary.

Cinnamon primarily contains vital oils and other derivatives, such as cinnamaldehyde, cinnamic acid, cinnamate, and numerous other components such as polyphenols. In addition to being an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, antimicrobial, anticancer, lipid-lowering, and cardiovascular-disease-lowering compound, cinnamon has also been reported as useful for metabolic syndrome, insulin sensitivity, polycystic ovary syndrome, increasing lean body mass, and gastric emptying. It is useful against neurological disorders, such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases. [1, 2] - See more at: http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/us...mon-oil-to-cure-disease/#sthash.CIHyKXIe.dpuf

So anyone else tried this and have any experiences to share?

Who Me?

I have oatmeal for breakfast almost every morning. The night before I put it in my rice cooker with a big stick of cinnamon and let it soak overnight.

I have not noticed anything from it but maybe it's doing something behind the scenes that I'm not aware of.

Hope

The other name for real cinammon is Ceylon cinammon. Grocery stores typically carry cassia bark labelled as cinammon but isn't technically cinammon. It has large amounts of coumarin in it which is harmful to the liver if you take a lot. Real cinammon (ceylon, sri lankan) has very small amounts of coumarin and antibacterial properties, so that's the one you need if you're going to be taking it 3x a day to try to treat an infection.

I think Ken Lassessen has it in his anti SIBO list but not as one of the most effective. Also if you're going to use herbals, you need more than one to treat an infection. Lassessen and Buhner list half a dozen or so on their various protocols.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources