Circulatory Impairment in ME (work proposal)

bobby

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I think she's right

I think she's right about this:
In my own experience of having severe ME, the circulatory problems ring true....yet the researcher-clinicians who have worked on this are ignored. How can this be? Even patients and advocates prefer to focus on immune abnormalities and just about anything other than this.

I agree - more emphasis on the circulatory system. Drs. Fluge and Mella agree too and Drs. Newton, Stewart and Medow and Shungu would probably agree. I don't agree about Cheney but I think we will see more on the circulatory system. I was told some years ago that low blood volume was just not in vogue...

bobby

I think this circulatory thing could possibly be very interesting! Thing with ME though is that there's so much going wrong, and so little clues as to why it goes wrong. Circulatory problems might just be too broad as a focus?

weyland

Thing with ME though is that there's so much going wrong, and so little clues as to why it goes wrong. Circulatory problems might just be too broad as a focus?
That's the point though. If circulatory problems are present that would literally affect every single part of the body.

bobby

yeah but what would be the cause of the circulatory problems? we have problems everywhere, but no one has been able to find the reason behind all of it...

weyland

yeah but what would be the cause of the circulatory problems? we have problems everywhere, but no one has been able to find the reason behind all of it...
Endothelial dysfunction (Norwegian hypothesis), abnormal red blood cell morphology (Leslie Simpson hypothesis), systemic oxidative stress, dysautonomia, cardiac abnormalities, etc. There are a lot of plausible avenues to explore here it's just that nobody has done it or nobody has tried to reproduce the abnormalities that have been found, largely due to ME disappearing into CFS where circulatory impairments weren't recognized as a symptom, where in classic ME they were one of the triad of signs.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources