CIRS Correlation

TJ_Fitz

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but based on what I've read and experienced, CIRS is definitely one way to get ME/CFS. Seems like the other major route is immune deregulation after a viral illness.

I rarely read academic papers since I don't have the educational background I'd need to really understand them, though.

Not dead yet!

Yes, Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, aka mold illness, aka biotoxin illness.

Hm, not research exactly. I know there are lots of remediation companies out there for mold. And I've had a flood in my house when a pipe burst, so I know what they do is basically wash everything with bleach.

I'm kind of a fan of iodine lately. Large doses tend to act like a deterrent to infectious things in the body. I mean it makes sense, right? I've been doing the opposite of the "normal advice" to take small doses of it and it's really doing me good. I'm not as allergic to things. It's the first thing that's had that effect. Quercetin is supposed to have that effect and it fails in comparison. I'm still experimenting with iodine but I"m up to about 30mg/day. Still no bad effects at all.
I wonder what effect that would have on someone with a mold situation? Even just having the energy to clean it up would help, I'm guessing.

TJ_Fitz

Hm, not research exactly. I know there are lots of remediation companies out there for mold. And I've had a flood in my house when a pipe burst, so I know what they do is basically wash everything with bleach.

I'm kind of a fan of iodine lately. Large doses tend to act like a deterrent to infectious things in the body. I mean it makes sense, right? I've been doing the opposite of the "normal advice" to take small doses of it and it's really doing me good. I'm not as allergic to things. It's the first thing that's had that effect. Quercetin is supposed to have that effect and it fails in comparison. I'm still experimenting with iodine but I"m up to about 30mg/day. Still no bad effects at all.
I wonder what effect that would have on someone with a mold situation? Even just having the energy to clean it up would help, I'm guessing.
AFAIK Shoemaker-educated remediators don't use bleach on everything, or possibly on anything. It's supposed to kill most mold it contacts, but possibly weaponizes the survivors (?). I think proper remediation requires removal of all water-damaged materials that can be removed. If it's not porous, surface cleaning is fine because it can't really be damaged by water penetration. I think some porous material can be sealed but that's probably only for things that can't be removed or replaced.

With CIRS, it's not really so much infection as chronic toxin exposure and its downstream effects.

TVB

Thank you for your input. You are correct in stating that its origin and efficacy is based upon biomarkers attributed to mold and biotoxin exposure. Whatever information that can be reported regarding that and histamine over activity, adding to ME CFS is greatly appreciated.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources