COQ10 A Remarkable Response

jimbridger

Active Member
Eleven years ago, when all this started, I took it (100mg) to no avail. Two months ago I found it in the back of my drawer (I had stopped using it) and said "what the heck, I'm just going to use this stuff up!" So I took 200mg, and 2 weeks later, something had changed. I am actually getting aerobically conditioned without crashes. I know everyone is different, but it seemed important to share. I'm now taking 300mg from Nord Pharma.
 

Suzanne2020

New Member
Thanks for this! I started on 10mg because I am so symptomatic. But now that I am on a mast cell stabiliser, maybe I will try to increase it. It's funny - because it is such a small think, and being 'just a supplement ;p'' I've been pretty lax about taking it. Yet, I have this weird feeling that i think it helps?? Must be totally placebo, because at 10mg, what can it really do. But agian, just want to thank you for this post. I will give it more attention now!
 

jimbridger

Active Member
You're welcome. Are you sure you meant 10mg? 100mg is the typical otc. Nord Pharma is pharmaceutical grade; used in all the major research for the past 30 years. The box says take 100mg-300mg. I'm taking 300mg. It definitely has jump started my broken aerobic system.
 

AnniePipsqueak

New Member
Eleven years ago, when all this started, I took it (100mg) to no avail. Two months ago I found it in the back of my drawer (I had stopped using it) and said "what the heck, I'm just going to use this stuff up!" So I took 200mg, and 2 weeks later, something had changed. I am actually getting aerobically conditioned without crashes. I know everyone is different, but it seemed important to share. I'm now taking 300mg from Nord Pharma.
I started taking Q10 3 months ago, 200mg daily and believe it has had a good benefit. My stamina feels slightly increased and PEM slightly less ... not hugely different, but enough of a positive change to keep taking it. For me it's not about finding a cure, but more about making life easier and a little less crap, and this appears to do that. It's worth a try! 😊
 

pamojja

Active Member
Had a striking response at different doses too, not anticipated and already long ago. Always had angina-like pains with mental or physical stress. Playing with doses I found that above 160 mg/d that pain ceased (half of Ubiquinol had the same effect). With time and dropping below that dose, unexplainably the angina-like pains always came back, now even without stress. By now it is a long time I didn't even try to lower the dose again.

Only had 2 CoQ10 blood tests on the same dose. In 2015 it was 3.3 µg/ml, in 2018 7 µg/ml.
At 0.8-1,4 normal, and >3.5 as therapeutic range.
 

Suzanne2020

New Member
You're welcome. Are you sure you meant 10mg? 100mg is the typical otc. Nord Pharma is pharmaceutical grade; used in all the major research for the past 30 years. The box says take 100mg-300mg. I'm taking 300mg. It definitely has jump started my broken aerobic system.
yes, firstly apologies for the delayed response. I really struggle with....things. :) and yes, 10 mg. I recently, a few weeks ago, bumped it up to 20mg, and thought I was doing ok, so went up to 30. But I think its given me the 'wired but tired' reaction. Its hard to twll, because there are so many other factors involved, not just with meds and other supps, but loads of things. But I have backed off to zero for 2-3 days, and will try again at 10, when I feel like I am somewhat stabilised. I am unable to take any anti-axidants. I even had to step back high dose vitamin C to just a regular dose. So it truly is the low and slow train for me. I will surely not be able to get up to those more high powered antioxidants (NAC glutathione Alpha-lipoic acid) ever at this rate! But maybe with some gut-healing, or nervous system calming from spinal surgeries, or a miracle, I might get some luck. So, thanks again for your post. It helps me feel like I'm at least getting some benefit from what I am doing. :)
 

Support Health Rising

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

New Threads

Forum Tips

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources

Top