Cream Removes Pain for FM Sufferer

Discussion in 'FIbromyalgia and Pain Research' started by Cort, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Cort

Cort Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising Staff Member

Interesting! A cream reportedly works where opioids and FM drugs didn't.

British singer ditches pharma cocktail and “cures” her fibromyalgia with a natural cream made primarily of fatty acid
    She tried all the FM drugs and opioids - they didn't work and actually made her worse - and then this cream - this cheap $13 cream did.

From the article:

Mackee, Wayne, Forebearance and 3 others like this.
  2. AmberHope

AmberHope Active Member

Has anyone else tried this cream? And where would one purchase it? Is anyone familiar with that active ingredient, celadrin?
    Oh, on my second attempt to read the post, more fully, I see it was published in the Journal of Rheumatology. Is that a reputable source, and where (what country) is it from?
    Thank you for any further input on this.

Mackee likes this.
  3. voner

voner Active Member

@AmberHope, I searched for "Celadrin" and found many options in the United States. Swansons makes a version and the NOW foods version seems popular. I am going to try the NOW foods version.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Mackee, Forebearance and AmberHope like this.
  4. Cort

Cort Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising Staff Member

The nice things is that it sounds cheap.

Mackee and voner like this.
  5. AmberHope

AmberHope Active Member

Thank you both, for those replies! @Cort and @voner

6. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I've used Celadrin over the years but not recently. Guess I need to try it again. I have tried so many for pain issues both FM and OA and favorite seems to be Topricin and Ultra Tiger Calm and some essential oils. Vicks salve is a great topical too and around forever.

One can buy Celadrin softgels too. Online stores all carry various ones.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Celadrin-Softgels-350-mg-90-Softgels/5024

Mackee and AmberHope like this.
  7. Not dead yet!

Not dead yet! Well-Known Member

Apparently there is an internal version that has cetyl mystreolate (sp?) as an active ingredient. Some reviewers call it Flexicin. I've also seen the trademark "Motion Lotion" that seems to refer to this as well.

The reviews on WebMD show benefits (their website is wierd, select the dropdown and choose "All reviews" to see them all, there are 12):
    https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supp...d=400&drugname=CETYLATED+FATTY+ACIDS&sortby=3

But I also encountered a lot of "coupon for Flexicin" type scams, so surf with care!

Thanks for the heads up.

Mackee likes this.
  8. Forebearance

Forebearance Active Member

Cool! I'll try anything that is cheap and seems like it won't hurt me.

Mackee likes this.
  9. jaminhealth

I almost fell off my chair, Topricin Fibro cream was just advertised on my radio. It is new as they sell a Topricin for general pain, Topricin for foot therapy and now the Fibro cream. 6 oz and it's sold at the usual places.

These are homeopathic based remedies.

Mackee and Not dead yet! like this.
  10. Not dead yet!

Not dead yet! Well-Known Member

Quite true, they are homeopathic. The dilutions are low though, 8x. The most interesting ingredient to me is snake venom: https://secure.topricin.com/topricin-pain-relief-cream/2-oz-topricin-tube-20cts (switch to ingredients)

When you google those items, Crotalus Horridus turns out to be a type of rattlesnake. Since pain research does extend to snake venom (but I thought the mamba snake was the darling of pain research), I'm assuming they're using it in a diluted form.

Anyway arnica is also an ingredient and is maybe the best known for its effect on bruising and injury pain. It doesn't seem suspicious.

Mackee likes this.
  11. jaminhealth

I'm not suspicious of homeopathics...one has to believe in what THEY ARE. They've been around for centuries, the world uses them except the U.S. which is the lowest user of these. U.S. is big pharma country.

I'm one American who feels they were born in a country far away since I'm just not into allopathic meds, take a couple but if I could NOT, I would NOT.

j

Not dead yet! likes this.