D-Ribose tablets versus powder and dose

Lins75

Hi there

I'd like to start taking D-Ribose and I ordered tablets rather than powder as I struggle to take powder. On various websites for ME/CFS I have seen the recommended dose is 5mg of the powder three times a day.

The tablets I ordered are from Health Aid and they are 1000mg. The dose on the box says 1 tablet three times a day. So this would only be 1g three times a day as opposed to the 5g I have seen mentioned. I'm not sure whether to stick with the dose on the box or take five tablets three times a day! I have no idea if the tablets are more 'potent' than the powder and don't want to overdose!

Is anyone else taking the tablets and if so, how many are you taking? Thank you!

Perthman

Sorry I take the powder and it is great. Probably only two x 5g a day not three. It is not a powder as such either, it is more like a sugar. It is very sweet tasting and enjoyable to drink. Start with one and see how you feel. Maybe take the second or third depending on that. I usually slowly build up doses on anything new I take.
Thanks!

Apo Sci

According to one study it improved energy by 50%. The problem with this is that if the ME is severe, say 1/10, then the improvement is only to 1.5. That isn't enough to justify the cost.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources