D Ribose

Eset Isadore

Have you taken D Ribose? If yes, how did you find a high-quality brand? What dosage did you take? What has been your personal experience with it?

Remy

Administrator
Have you taken D Ribose? If yes, how did you find a high-quality brand? What dosage did you take? What has been your personal experience with it?
I've tried it a few times, but it always worsens my orthostatic intolerance. Strangely, the best time for me to take it is with dinner, but that doesn't do much for energy during the day! I should probably try a smaller dose more frequently and see if it gets better with time.

I take the Life Extension brand, and was working up to the recommended dosing of 5g/three times a day.

I think ribose and creatine are two of the most potentially helpful supplements out there overall, even though my personal experience with ribose has not been that great. It's still very high on my list of recommendations to others because of the research behind it.

Eset Isadore

I've tried it a few times, but it always worsens my orthostatic intolerance. Strangely, the best time for me to take it is with dinner, but that doesn't do much for energy during the day!...It's still very high on my list of recommendations to others because of the research behind it.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me, Remy! Are you diagnosed with a form of Dysautonomia or other condition related to your orthostatic hypotension? Do you know of anyone else who has had a similar reaction?

Remy

Administrator
Thank you for sharing your experience with me, Remy! Are you diagnosed with a form of Dysautonomia or other condition related to your orthostatic hypotension? Do you know of anyone else who has had a similar reaction?
Yes, dysautonomia. I think it may have to do with blood sugar lowering, maybe? That was one possibility I found online anyway, which was why I started taking it with food. Maybe I should take my blood sugar, then take it and then take my blood sugar again to see. That might help rule my theory in or out!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources