Damsel in a Dress - Hilarious Chronic Illness Blog

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
lisarocket72-e1418866443666.jpg
She's hilarious. Nobody seems to know what she has but whatever it is she's chronicling her life with it. (She does not have ME/CFS!)

"Hi, I'm Lisa and that's exactly what I look like when I type. I'm the author behind Damsel in a Dress, which is a personal blog about being in your twenties with a chronic illness, a terrible chocolate addiction, and a desire to be best friends with Mindy Kaling. When I'm not working on embarrassing personal essays for my blog I can be found curled up on the couch with my heating pad writing Brooklyn Nine-Nine fan-fiction."

Take her latest

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SWEAT TO DEATH? (LISA TRIES MOKSHA YOGA)

Women were changing in front of me, so naturally I bundled up my yoga clothes and went to a back corner to hide while changing. Then I followed Pam into the studio. It felt like I went from St. John’s to the hottest day in Africa when I stepped in the room. “I might die,” I thought to myself. I couldn’t say it out loud because silence is a blessing and speaking is frowned upon in hot yoga. Which I found very difficult, because there’s nothing I love more than making sarcastic remarks about something that other people are passionate about.

Mary Anne

lisarocket72-e1418866443666.jpg
She's hilarious. Nobody seems to know what she has but whatever it is she's chronicling her life with it. (She does not have ME/CFS!)

"Hi, I'm Lisa and that's exactly what I look like when I type. I'm the author behind Damsel in a Dress, which is a personal blog about being in your twenties with a chronic illness, a terrible chocolate addiction, and a desire to be best friends with Mindy Kaling. When I'm not working on embarrassing personal essays for my blog I can be found curled up on the couch with my heating pad writing Brooklyn Nine-Nine fan-fiction."

Take her latest

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SWEAT TO DEATH? (LISA TRIES MOKSHA YOGA)

In the Health section of her blog, she says that she has just been diagnosed with Lupus (March 2015) after 7 years of not knowing what was wrong.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
In the Health section of her blog, she says that she has just been diagnosed with Lupus (March 2015) after 7 years of not knowing what was wrong.
Got it...lupus! Not a fun disease to have. Didn't think she had ME/CFS or FM after doing her hot yoga class. :)

JennyJenny

Outrageous it took 7 years to be diagnosed with Lupus. What is the hold up with diseases the healthcare system BELIEVES in. I just had an appointment with a Neurologist for headaches and he isn't impressed by much coming out of the Fibromyalgia or ME/CFS/SEID research which is OK I rather he be honest and explain himself than someone completely disregard my suffering. He said it is a big difference and long path between what happens in a controlled research facility and was can be applied clinically. Which is true but I really do think that the Cytokine results will eventually establish a blood test. Just as soon as we get funding for a lab to replicate AND have more diseases as "controls" like they did with MS and the spinal fluid research Dr. Hornig did.

I think they do have a blood test for Lupus but it is wonky like Lyme tests can be. And you have to have a Doctor smart enough to run it and be able to read it and match it with symptoms.

What doctor(s) diagnose Lupus?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources