ME/CFS Do your pain meds make you a bit crazy?

Riogrande888

I can't survive without my pain meds, which I keep to a minimum. However, even so, I feel like I lose touch with myself. I doubt my decision making and struggle with mental clarity. I do have Fibro fog so I am uncertain what is responsible for my mind body disconnect. I struggle with the thought that this what I am going to live with forever. Does anyone else struggle with any of these issues?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Are you on opioid pain killers? I don't take them. I haven't heard of dissociated feelings being associated with FM. On other hand problems with decision-making and mental clarity are common in FM. I would guess the opioid pain killers are contributing to the feelings of losing touch with yourself - if I got that right - and FM is contributing to the mental clarity problems.

Have you tried low dose naltrexone?

Riogrande888

I live out of the country and can only find low dose naltrexone available in injectable form.I am going to continue to look in some of the larger cities for a doctor who is familar with it.

I would also like to explore the ketamine option at some point. Has that been discussed at length on this site? I think you posted an article about it. I would really like to reset my whole system so to speak, which is severely out of whack.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I live out of the country and can only find low dose naltrexone available in injectable form.I am going to continue to look in some of the larger cities for a doctor who is familar with it.

I would also like to explore the ketamine option at some point. Has that been discussed at length on this site? I think you posted an article about it. I would really like to reset my whole system so to speak, which is severely out of whack.
I just got the blog out - don't' really have more information on that as yet. I think it's not done commonly yet.. Some people do very well on it, though, and it does seem to do a system reset.

Another possible system reset is vagus nerve stimulation - what a reset that seems to produce! I have another blog coming out on that soon as well.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources