Does Guafenesin Work for Fibromyalgia?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
She's back playing tennis! She tried lots of stuff but it was lifestyle changes and guafenesin that worked for her.

Annette Kam loves to play tennis, but her playing days came to an abrupt end when life served up a debilitating disorder: fibromyalgia.
"I had to curtail it, I was in too much pain."

Fibromyalgia affects many people with widespread pain, exhaustion and joint issues.

"My first symptom was chronic fatigue. I would work then come home and sleep all day long. I'd even fall asleep while driving -- I crashed my car because of that."

While millions of people are believed to have Fibromyalgia, its exact cause has not been identified.

Kam, a nurse at Kapiolani Medical Center, tried different medications and treatments but did not find any relief until she ran across a particular protocol for fibromyalgia.

It uses one of the same ingredients commonly found in cold medicines: guaifenesin, which normally helps people loosen congestion in their throat or chest. Combined with other lifestyle changes, Kam said it actually changed her life.

"Within a year of the protocol I was back to playing tennis and even went to nationals with my team -- that was incredible!"
The protocol was not found to be effective in a clinical trial nearly 20 years ago. But Kam and others supporters believe it works to reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia and reverse its effects.

"I feel awesome now. I feel like my conditions have 99 percent reversed."
'
Kam no longer suffers from the daily symptoms of Fibromyalgia, but she still faces the challenge of getting the word out about the disorder and the protocol.

"The challenge is people are suffering out there and don't realize what they have. The biggest challenge is to get them diagnosed," Kam said.
Kam will retire from her nursing duties in just a few weeks to work full-time on helping others with fibromyalgia.

On June 20 at the Japanese Cultural Center, a Fibromyalgia Summit will be held. The free event will educate people on various treatments, including the protocol that helped Annette.
For more details, email iFOGHawaii@aol.com or call (808) 677-8770. The conference is free, but registration is required at the iFog Hawaii website.

?????

Is it a supplement you can pick up?

Last edited:

Folk

I've wonder about it's relationship with L-Cysteine since a very conservative Dr. suggested to me.
So I thought if even that kind if Dr. prescribes there must be some kind of scientific proof (or whathever).
It has been used by ME/CFS patients and others diseases for anti-inflamatories, anti-oxidant properties and it turns out some studies were done.
Both are expectorants.
Do anyone know if they realte?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources