Dr. Bell on Understanding Orthostatic Intolerance in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia

Resource Dr. Bell on Understanding Orthostatic Intolerance in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Dr. Bell on Understanding Orthostatic Intolerance in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia - Pathophysiology in ME: Orthostatic Intolerance

This slide shows the pulse and blood pressure of a healthy person standing for 15 minutes. These values actually stay the same for much longer, up to 90 minutes in normal persons1. But this is not so in ME2.

Orthostatic Intolerance is really quite simple. It is the state of being intolerant to orthostasis or the upright posture. Standing is the most upright position...

Read more about this resource...

syd

Thanks for this great post.

I have horrible orthostatic intolerance which Florinef helps with some, I suppose, but it's still so impactful specifically to my brain functioning, which is getting progressively worse. (I had to shut down a thriving psychotherapy private practice.)

I have said many times it's like I'm walking around in a semi-passed out state: a constant diminished consciousness, and I worry sometimes that I have permanent brain damage since this has been going on so long. (I did a tilt table test several years ago and passed out after 3.5 minutes. The attending cardiologist said he'd never seen anything like it.)

I can't help but think this is a symptom of say, infection or [fill in the blank], rather than a bottom-line disease or condition. I sure hope the great research of those like Dr. Bell results in help for all of us impacted by this.

Lemnia

I second that, great post in which I recognise myself to a tee. However, I get to the end of the article and Dr. Bell doesn't share 'what' if anything can be done to treat this or help symptoms. That was disappointing indeed. I wish there was something as it pretty much restricts life in every way. I was diagnosed with ME 3 years ago. 6 months ago I tested positive for Lyme disease.

Hezza

Cort, the link to "low,low blood volume" is sending me to an error page. Very interested! Thanks to your site I've had the Daxor test & am preparing to convince Dr Vera to prescribe a port & IV saline. Wish Dr Bell were still practicing!!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources