Resource icon

Resource Dr. Chuck Lapp on on Diagnosing and Treating MTHFR Mutations

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Dr. Chuck Lapp on on Diagnosing and Treating MTHFR Mutations - No need for MTHFR testing - simply take the right supplements

Dr. Lapp has been treating ME/CFS and fibromyalgia for decades. He asserts there's no need for testing - simply take the right B-12 and folate supplements...

From Prohealth -http://www.prohealth.com/ME-CFS/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=20481
[fright]

View attachment 475

[/fright] Q: What’s this gene defect in folic acid metabolism all about (the MTHFR gene mutation), and should I be tested? Does insurance cover that test?

A: MTHFR (or...

Read more about this resource...

Who Me?

It's not that basic from what I understand about methylation which is not that much.

Methylation is really complicated. I tried it and just had a really hard time balancing metafolin and B12. I was frequently in a rage from being out of balance.

My understanding is that you need double the MB12 than methylfolate. He also doesn't talk about the need for potassium supplementation (unless I missed it, in that case sorry) since methylfolate depletes potassium.

And you need to start really slow. I learned that the hard way.

I tried this for a few months, also use LCF (L-carmitine fumarate) and ADB12. I never felt better and only had problems.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
It's not that basic from what I understand about methylation which is not that much.

Methylation is really complicated. I tried it and just had a really hard time balancing metafolin and B12. I was frequently in a rage from being out of balance.

My understanding is that you need double the MB12 than methylfolate. He also doesn't talk about the need for potassium supplementation (unless I missed it, in that case sorry) since methylfolate depletes potassium.

And you need to start really slow. I learned that the hard way.

I tried this for a few months, also use LCF (L-carmitine fumarate) and ADB12. I never felt better and only had problems.
I've heard the same. I've heard it's really complicated. I was a bit surprised to see this. On the other hand I don't really know anything about it.

Who Me?

It's really complicated if you want to really work on your methylation cycle.

I do know some people who just take B12 and methylfolate. But it's really complicated, Methylfolate can cause potassium deficiency.

That causes something else and that leads to something else. It's this entire trickle down effect.

This is really helpful

http://mthfr.net/methylfolate-side-effects/2012/03/01/

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources