Dr. David Bell on Low Blood Volume in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Resource Dr. David Bell on Low Blood Volume in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Zapped

Maybe I missed it in scanning this thread but I didn't see any attribution to Dr. Byron Hyde who was an early on proponent of checking for low blood volume and wearing a heart monitor to check for defects (not to mention is significance in developing the Canadian CFS criteria). More details on and his complete story can be found in his seminal work, i.e. his 1996 hardback textbook ~'The Science Behind Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,' and a followup paperback in the 2000's (which summarizes the textbook). (A couple of years back you could buy remainders at Amazon.com for just a few dollars!) (I bought half a dozen - for unlearned doctors - yet to see; no sense wasting them of those already seen,)

For those who don't know him he was an early pioneer and advocate for CFS, located in Canada. He's still active to a degree as a diagnostician.

It's a shame he hasn't been more prominently recognized since a lot of his early work has come full circle and is relavant today. His CFS medical philosophy and general treatments can be found at HFME.org. (It can be a bit dramatic, IMO, but it's a good place to refer the really interested in the reality and details of debilitation of CFS.)

ladybug64

I used doxycycoline and rotated with Arteminsin and also use lumberkinase to break down biofilm. Timing is important when to use what. The lumberkinase has to be at least two hours or more before either antibiotic or antimalarialal herb. Then at a different time of the day use good quality probiotocs.

Dr Fry has found that fat keeps these pathogens very happy. So we have to do a lower fat diet. Also, becoming a whole food vegan is strongly advised. He has had some be able to control their illness with diet alone. Also, magnesium causes biofilm that houses the protozoa, virus and bacteria to be stronger. We have to break down the biofilm for the med and immune system to be able to get to what we don't want in our body. So reading supplement labels and avoiding Epsom salt baths etc. Is very important. One of my friends was having horrible pain from her illness and was using Epsom baths - they made her so much worse.

Some things that help my pain and herxing is to use the spices - turmeric and ginger. Make a tea or coffee and put them in it. I use 1/4 to 1/2 tea of each. Not to close to bed as it opens veins and gives energy. Helps pain a lot!!! One warning is they can thin your blood so have to get off a few weeks before surgery. Some POTS people say turmeric makes them worse, it will dilate your veins. So you need to know your subset type. It also helps some with MCAS. So that's another benefit to me.

I think DIET is the biggest key here. I can tell a huge difference if I splurge on something and have too much fat. I have periods, when I'm not in a flare, that my POTS is under really good control. I have a life now. I'm sooooo much better.

Issie
Thank you so much for the detailed feedback about what is working for you :). I see you actually answered me a couple of months ago but I missed your response. I hope you are enjoying continued improvement!

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I had chronic low blood volume, as a child, actually even as an adult. Along with POTS, pain, headaches, violent nosebleeds, dangerous infections, failure to thrive, ect. As an adult I
developed various autoimmune diseases, about four years ago I was finally diagnosed with pernicious anemia. with frequent injections and all the supporting supliments many of the symptoms are gone or much improved, unfortunately because it took so long to diagnose I have nerve damage in the spinal cord. I do have me/cfs also as well as thyroid disease.
Wow...sorry to hear about the nerve damage in your spinal cord. Can you tell me what kind of damage you had? Did you have a lesion? I have a friend with ME/CFS who has a spinal lesion.

What supplements helped for you?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Maybe I missed it in scanning this thread but I didn't see any attribution to Dr. Byron Hyde who was an early on proponent of checking for low blood volume and wearing a heart monitor to check for defects (not to mention is significance in developing the Canadian CFS criteria). More details on and his complete story can be found in his seminal work, i.e. his 1996 hardback textbook ~'The Science Behind Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,' and a followup paperback in the 2000's (which summarizes the textbook). (A couple of years back you could buy remainders at Amazon.com for just a few dollars!) (I bought half a dozen - for unlearned doctors - yet to see; no sense wasting them of those already seen,)

For those who don't know him he was an early pioneer and advocate for CFS, located in Canada. He's still active to a degree as a diagnostician.

It's a shame he hasn't been more prominently recognized since a lot of his early work has come full circle and is relavant today. His CFS medical philosophy and general treatments can be found at HFME.org. (It can be a bit dramatic, IMO, but it's a good place to refer the really interested in the reality and details of debilitation of CFS.)
Thanks Zapped for mentioning him. Hyde is not as visible anymore but I remember he was amongst the first if not the first to recognize the problems with low blood flows to the brain.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources