Dr. Fauci "forgot" to advise Public what he takes for Immune System

jaminhealth

He didn't forget, he allowed the country to go into the disaster we're in. If only he had been talking to his TV audience about what he takes, I believe so much could be different today. Vit C and Vit D are VITAL to combat the covid virus stuff. The stronger one's immune system the better they are able to fight this virus, jabs or not. And how many could still be alive had they been taking Vit C and Vit D.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/14/sup...y-to-help-keep-his-immune-system-healthy.html

Sharon80

I think you might be muddling things a bit here. Low levels of vitamin D have been associated with increased susceptibility to infection, disease, and immune-related disorders and this is why Fauci stated he himself takes it. There have been no studies that state that vitamin d and c prevent covid19. This is what Fauci said: “If you are deficient in vitamin D, that does have an impact on your susceptibility to infection. So I would not mind recommending, and I do it myself taking vitamin D supplements.” All studies that mention vitamin d and c as strengthening the immune system are related to the common cold, not covid19. Fauci said that the aforementioned supplements mostly do “nothing” to stop the novel coronavirus. Vitamin D, though, might have an impact.

Could please explain @jaminhealth why you are stating that C and Vit D are vital to combat the covid virus stuff. Do you not understand that a strong immune system has nothing to do with the ability to fight this virus? There is so much more involved.

A strong immune system will not prevent you from contracting COVID-19.

The virus that causes covid19 is a novel pathogen, meaning those who contract it have no existing antibodies to mount a defense. Many with strong immune systems, who have optimal vitamin d and c levels have become sick and died. please explain your comments, they seem woefully wrong.

edited to add an “s” onto comment

Last edited:

Not dead yet!

I think you might be muddling things a bit here. Low levels of vitamin D have been associated with increased susceptibility to infection, disease, and immune-related disorders and this is why Fauci stated he himself takes it. There have been no studies that state that vitamin d and c prevent covid19. This is what Fauci said: “If you are deficient in vitamin D, that does have an impact on your susceptibility to infection. So I would not mind recommending, and I do it myself taking vitamin D supplements.” All studies that mention vitamin d and c as strengthening the immune system are related to the common cold, not covid19. Fauci said that the aforementioned supplements mostly do “nothing” to stop the novel coronavirus. Vitamin D, though, might have an impact.

Could please explain @jaminhealth why you are stating that C and Vit D are vital to combat the covid virus stuff. Do you not understand that a strong immune system has nothing to do with the ability to fight this virus? There is so much more involved.

A strong immune system will not prevent you from contracting COVID-19.

The virus that causes covid19 is a novel pathogen, meaning those who contract it have no existing antibodies to mount a defense. Many with strong immune systems, who have optimal vitamin d and c levels have become sick and died. please explain your comments, they seem woefully wrong.

edited to add an “s” onto comment

Excuse me @Sharon80, are you here to talk about long Covid / ME/ CFS / CFIDS ? Or are you only here to myth bust?

People on this forum have limited mental and physical capacity and do not need to be gotten at by people with a political agenda.

ME/CFS is already a disease in the medical coding described as post viral syndrome. We are very familiar with what that does to a person because we are experiencing it right now. Covid and long Covid is unfortunately going to bring that experience to many more people, millilons of people will experience "post viral syndrome" now, of various intensity.

If Vitamin D or C helps people I'll ask you to kindly step down from bashing it on this forum. You're pressing your points too hard. Start your sentences with "I believe... " or "I don't believe..." please. Spend some time reading MEpedia and MEaction websites.

It sounds to me like you just came here to police our thoughts about science. You don't sound like someone who got sick and got scared and is looking for answers. Even scared-bravado doesn't sound like this.

Beristere

It's not that he forgot. I don't think it occurred to him to tell people that everyone should drink vitamins for good health and good immunity. I believe he just thought that even elementary school kids knew about it. I'll be honest with you. My grandmother has been telling me my whole life about vitamins. Since I was a kid, she's been giving me sweet vitamin pills, giving me carrot and beet juice, and asking me to exercise. So I often read articles like http://optimunity.com/liposomal-vitamin-c to understand better vitamin modifications and other good discoveries in the medical world. Don't blame Dr. Fauci for believing in the knowledge of the people, folks. Be kinder to doctors.

Last edited:

jaminhealth

It's not that he forgot. I don't think it occurred to him to tell people that everyone should drink vitamins for good health and good immunity. I believe he just thought that even elementary school kids knew about it. I'll be honest with you. My grandmother has been telling me my whole life about vitamins. Since I was a kid, she's been giving me sweet vitamin pills, giving me carrot and beet juice, and asking me to exercise. So I often read articles like http://optimunity.com/liposomal-vitamin-c to understand better vitamin modifications and other good discoveries in the medical world. Don't blame Dr. Fauci for believing in the knowledge of the people, folks. Be kinder to doctors.

I was being sarcastic about forgetting...He's a paid Drug Pusher by Pharma/Govt... His job is to push Pharma profits sky high and he gets a huge piece of that action from pharma. He needs to be behind bars....

Millions and millions are Vit D deficient and Pharma makes no $$$ on this Vit D..... how naive to think so many people KNOW what they need to be taking.....

Not dead yet!

I was being sarcastic about forgetting...He's a paid Drug Pusher by Pharma/Govt... His job is to push Pharma profits sky high and he gets a huge piece of that action from pharma. He needs to be behind bars....

Millions and millions are Vit D deficient and Pharma makes no $$$ on this Vit D..... how naive to think so many people KNOW what they need to be taking.....

Wait a minute. Being paid to advertise drugs is being PR or a salesperson. That's not illegal. Being a doctor isn't illegal either. Being an authority working in a public services sector isn't illegal either.

What is it with people calling for him to be in jail? I don't get it.

I mean if what Mikovits says about him is true, then she should definitely sue him for copyright. But all this throwing of shade without anything to back it up is getting old and tired.

Do you react with "you should be in jail" every time a naturopath hands you a booklet on vitamins or sends you to a chiropractor? They make profits too.

What's the difference? That they didn't advertise it on TV?

And "Pharma" does make money on Vitamin D. They sell the only source of Vitamin D2 that is 50k IU. Try and buy it any other way.

The people who most want to lower pharma's profits are insurance companies, and they usually do it by keeping helpful treatments away from patients who need it.

jaminhealth

Oh Vit D is so cheap whether you get D2 script or otc....D2 is inferior..

And Fauci and his cohorts need to be behind bars the lies and damage they have cause the U.S. and the world is all unfolding...and it's not stopping...they and Fauci have goals...

And one can buy D3 in 50K dose on supplement sites.

Sharon80

Excuse me @Sharon80, are you here to talk about long Covid / ME/ CFS / CFIDS ? Or are you only here to myth bust?

No, not here just to myth bust.

People on this forum have limited mental and physical capacity and do not need to be gotten at by people with a political agenda.

I don’t believe I have a political agenda unless addressing misinformation is a political agenda.

If Vitamin D or C helps people I'll ask you to kindly step down from bashing it on this forum. You're pressing your points too hard. Start your sentences with "I believe... " or "I don't believe..." please. Spend some time reading MEpedia and MEaction websites.

I don’t believe I was bashing vitamin D or C at all. I believe if you read my post you would see where I said I take vitamin D myself. Why would I bash something I am taking for my own health? All I am trying to say that there is currently little or no evidence that either of these vitamins stop a person becoming ill with covid19.
I believe that because I don’t generally start sentences with ‘I believe’ or ’I don’t believe’ , I won’t be doing so except in this paragraph. I have spent time reading a lot of information on many ME websites, but thanks for the advice.

It sounds to me like you just came here to police our thoughts about science. You don't sound like someone who got sick and got scared and is looking for answers. Even scared-bravado doesn't sound like this.
I didn’t come here to police thoughts about scIence. If I choose to respond to misinformation or anything else I will respond. I don’t feel scared of my illness. Do I have to sound a certain way? I don’t even know what ‘scared-bravado’ sounds like. Since you have basically told me how to post, what to post, etc, etc, I think it might be okay for me to state that you made a lot of unfounded assumptions about me and in quite a snarky way. I apologize for rubbing you the wrong way. I didn‘t mean to.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources