Dr Gary Kaplan establish increase website and research initiative for neuroinflamation

kevin Feldman

Dr Kaplan kicks off his research iititiatves
I want you to join along with me to start a new medical revolution.

Let me explain…

I can no longer sit on the sidelines while each year up to 23 million Americans suffering with chronic pain and depression search far and wide for hope and healing, only to be faced with a treatment success rate of approximately 10%. Yes, 10%!!

I simply can’t stand idly by when I know just how we can help people who are suffering in their search for hope, and their search for a cure.

The fact is this: we have been thinking about chronic pain and depression in entirely the wrong way. After years of research, we now know that conditions such as migraine, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, chronic back pain, depression, anxiety, and PTSD are not diseases in themselves, but actually symptoms of an underlying inflammation of the brain – a neuroinflammatory disease causing a “brain on fire.”

This discovery is a complete game changer and armed with this knowledge, together, I believe we can change the lives of millions.

First, though, we need more resources to better understand this disease. So I have created a charitable foundation to do just that.

The Foundation for Total Recovery, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization that will conduct much-needed research to help us better understand, diagnose, treat, and ultimately prevent the progression of neuroinflammatory disease. It's also home to a new online community to both educate and bring together those afflicted, as well as their caregivers, doctors, and researchers.

At the Kaplan Center, we have pioneered a unique model of medical care based on the neuroinflammatory nature of disease that has provided hope and treatment solutions to individuals who previously had neither. Our work here has given us insight and new direction for research to improve our understanding and treatment of these conditions. I believe we now have a path to find a cure to alleviate the pain and suffering for the millions of people living with chronic pain and depression.

I want you to join my fight.

I have donated a significant portion of the proceeds from my recent book Total Recovery: A Revolutionary New Approach to Breaking the Cycle of Pain and Depression to seed the Foundation, but in order to really get this initiative off the ground, we need financial support.

If you are able to help us with a donation, any amount that you could spare would be a wonderful contribution to the work we so desperately need to do, now. And, if hard work and/or good fortune has afforded you more than just creature comforts, I would love to talk about how my work can be part of your legacy and estate plans.

BUT, if you are unable to give financially, that’s just fine too. I would ask for your help in two additional areas:

1) We are looking for patient treatment success stories that can be shared on the Foundation’s website. We want people from around the world to be able to read firsthand that there is indeed hope, that there are others that have found relief from suffering, and that they can learn from and connect with these people in their own search for a cure. If you or someone you know has a story like this, you can share it here. (Anyone can submit a story with their name, or anonymously, depending on what is more comfortable for them.)

2) I need your help to spread the word. You could tell your family and friends about the Foundation, either by word-of-mouth, via social media, or via your email list if you have one, encouraging them to look into what we are doing and join our efforts. You’ll find sample text for email, letters, and social media, as well as graphics, to help you easily share news of this important work with others here.

If you are involved in an organization such as a Rotary Club or similar association, I would appreciate the chance to address such groups and schedule a time to join one of your meetings. We are also are looking for volunteers to open their homes for casual gatherings and introductions to others who may be interested in supporting our cause. These would be informal gatherings with light refreshments where I would share the plan for finding a cure for neuroinflammatory disease, to bring hope to the millions who are suffering with chronic pain. Could that be you?

Every donation, no matter the size, will help a cause that I know personally can and will change lives. Through the Foundation’s partnership with Global Impact, a 501(c)(3) organization, all donations are tax-deductible. Please consider a donation now or visit the Foundation's website - www.brainonfire.org - to learn more, join our community, and avail of the numerous resources that we’ve provided to educate you on why we get sick and stay sick, as well as how to take the next steps in your own recovery, or that of a loved one or friend.

If you are willing to share a patient story or host a small event, or if you simply have questions, click here now or contact the Foundation’s Executive Director, Marjorie Connell at (703) 457-6822 or mfc@brainonfire.org.

I look forward to this exciting new journey together with you.

As always, my best wishes for your optimal health,

e60a30c1-0759-4321-a796-274ca2a6ee08.png

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
P
I want you to join along with me to start a new medical revolution.

Let me explain…

I can no longer sit on the sidelines while each year up to 23 million Americans suffering with chronic pain and depression search far and wide for hope and healing, only to be faced with a treatment success rate of approximately 10%. Yes, 10%!!

I simply can’t stand idly by when I know just how we can help people who are suffering in their search for hope, and their search for a cure.

The fact is this: we have been thinking about chronic pain and depression in entirely the wrong way. After years of research, we now know that conditions such as migraine, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, chronic back pain, depression, anxiety, and PTSD are not diseases in themselves, but actually symptoms of an underlying inflammation of the brain – a neuroinflammatory disease causing a “brain on fire.”

This discovery is a complete game changer and armed with this knowledge, together, I believe we can change the lives of millions.

First, though, we need more resources to better understand this disease. So I have created a charitable foundation to do just that.

The Foundation for Total Recovery, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization that will conduct much-needed research to help us better understand, diagnose, treat, and ultimately prevent the progression of neuroinflammatory disease. It's also home to a new online community to both educate and bring together those afflicted, as well as their caregivers, doctors, and researchers.

At the Kaplan Center, we have pioneered a unique model of medical care based on the neuroinflammatory nature of disease that has provided hope and treatment solutions to individuals who previously had neither. Our work here has given us insight and new direction for research to improve our understanding and treatment of these conditions. I believe we now have a path to find a cure to alleviate the pain and suffering for the millions of people living with chronic pain and depression.

I want you to join my fight.

I have donated a significant portion of the proceeds from my recent book Total Recovery: A Revolutionary New Approach to Breaking the Cycle of Pain and Depression to seed the Foundation, but in order to really get this initiative off the ground, we need financial support.

If you are able to help us with a donation, any amount that you could spare would be a wonderful contribution to the work we so desperately need to do, now. And, if hard work and/or good fortune has afforded you more than just creature comforts, I would love to talk about how my work can be part of your legacy and estate plans.

BUT, if you are unable to give financially, that’s just fine too. I would ask for your help in two additional areas:

1) We are looking for patient treatment success stories that can be shared on the Foundation’s website. We want people from around the world to be able to read firsthand that there is indeed hope, that there are others that have found relief from suffering, and that they can learn from and connect with these people in their own search for a cure. If you or someone you know has a story like this, you can share it here. (Anyone can submit a story with their name, or anonymously, depending on what is more comfortable for them.)

2) I need your help to spread the word. You could tell your family and friends about the Foundation, either by word-of-mouth, via social media, or via your email list if you have one, encouraging them to look into what we are doing and join our efforts. You’ll find sample text for email, letters, and social media, as well as graphics, to help you easily share news of this important work with others here.

If you are involved in an organization such as a Rotary Club or similar association, I would appreciate the chance to address such groups and schedule a time to join one of your meetings. We are also are looking for volunteers to open their homes for casual gatherings and introductions to others who may be interested in supporting our cause. These would be informal gatherings with light refreshments where I would share the plan for finding a cure for neuroinflammatory disease, to bring hope to the millions who are suffering with chronic pain. Could that be you?

Every donation, no matter the size, will help a cause that I know personally can and will change lives. Through the Foundation’s partnership with Global Impact, a 501(c)(3) organization, all donations are tax-deductible. Please consider a donation now or visit the Foundation's website - www.brainonfire.org - to learn more, join our community, and avail of the numerous resources that we’ve provided to educate you on why we get sick and stay sick, as well as how to take the next steps in your own recovery, or that of a loved one or friend.

If you are willing to share a patient story or host a small event, or if you simply have questions, click here now or contact the Foundation’s Executive Director, Marjorie Connell at (703) 457-6822 or mfc@brainonfire.org.

I look forward to this exciting new journey together with you.

As always, my best wishes for your optimal health,

e60a30c1-0759-4321-a796-274ca2a6ee08.png
Powerful Stuff!

I need to get that book :)

Love the name.

Thanks for the post.

ScottTriGuy

There should be much more research into this - I remember learning a couple of years ago that they estimated about one-third of depressions could be attributed to neuro-inflammation.

I follow a anti-inflammatory diet, supplements and medical marijuana. My n=1 is that its helped me.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources