Dr Jack Kruse Sun Healing

Remy

Administrator
I've been the first to shake my head at Dr Jack Kruse. His writing style is rambling and mostly unintelligible to me and the concepts seem pretty far out there at first.

But time after time, I keep coming back to him because what he says (when I can understand it!) just makes sense.

I think he is totally right on with his position on adrenal stress, for example...that excessive blue light causes a burnout of the pituitary gland and widespread downstream hormonal effects. This HPA axis dysfunction isn't readily fixed by HC or adrenal supplements. It's fixed by limiting blue light and maximizing exposure to the sun.

The earth is meant to charge us and modern life has gotten in the way of that process. Our bodies need light and (structured) water to grow.

Dr Kruse says that the harder it is for us to get up at sunrise, the more we need the dopamine that is produced at that time. That rings true for me...I literally feel ill if I try to get up at sunrise.

But I'm going to try it again and see. There's a reason that so many religious traditions practice at sunrise. Early humans knew instinctively that it's all about the light.

Anyway, he's out there and so are his ideas but here is a recent podcast where he speaks in fairly basic terms about the mitochondria and how our bodies truly work.

Hope

I hadn't heard that about blue light and the pituitary. I've immediately gone and put on my orange glasses! He's the one who convinced me to try cold water therapy along with Asklipia on PR. It's helped me with temperature regulation, energy, mood and PEM recovery.

Remy

Administrator
I hadn't heard that about blue light and the pituitary. I've immediately gone and put on my orange glasses! He's the one who convinced me to try cold water therapy along with Asklipia on PR. It's helped me with temperature regulation, energy, mood and PEM recovery.
I poo-poohed the orange glasses for years...but I'm so happy with them now. I can't believe how sleepy I get at night now. It's like a miracle. Now I just wish it would work at 2am when I wake up!

Strike me lucky

I use an app on my phone which changes the blue light. The glasses i found were a pain for me. I think it has helped my sleep but then i have several things going on that may be helping.

I have also been taking dhea at night which kruse recommends, i have split my dose and take it morning and night.

Remy

Administrator
I use an app on my phone which changes the blue light. The glasses i found were a pain for me. I think it has helped my sleep but then i have several things going on that may be helping.

I have also been taking dhea at night which kruse recommends, i have split my dose and take it morning and night.
Kruse doesn't recommend any exogenous hormones anymore.

Apparently the iPhone night shift isn't good enough but f lux is ok.

Although I just asked an apparently stupid question of Kruse on FB and am reminded why I dislike him even though I think his info is good. Ugh! Why are people so rude?

Strike me lucky

Kruse doesn't recommend any exogenous hormones anymore.

Apparently the iPhone night shift isn't good enough but f lux is ok.

Although I just asked an apparently stupid question of Kruse on FB and am reminded why I dislike him even though I think his info is good. Ugh! Why are people so rude?

Been awhile since i have read kruse stuff, suprised he doesnt recommend hormones anymore as he was very big in pushing dhea.

Is he still in pushing the quick release bromocriptine??

Remy

Administrator
Been awhile since i have read kruse stuff, suprised he doesnt recommend hormones anymore as he was very big in pushing dhea.

Is he still in pushing the quick release bromocriptine??
His little catchphrase is "if you can make it, don't take it". But I have no idea how it works if you can make something...but don't. Not looking forward to asking him any more questions any time soon either. :)

I don't know about Cycloset. He hasn't mentioned it in anything I've heard recently. It's all about light and water. And DHA.

Veet

I associate Kruse w/ ice baths. I know of one person who swears by them, and the healing they've brought. brrrrrr. not me. (Nothing freaks out my adrenals/kidneys like thinking of cold water.) I've awakened at dawn forever. Even when at my worst of sleep deprivation, I couldn't sleep past the first bird song. Now, I go to bed early to support my early AM wakening. works for me. And depend on f.lux for color shifting on computer.

Tigerlily

I have been following him and am seeing really good results. I came to a plateau on paleo but have had a new boost.

I am eating a lot more wild salmon and oysters, eating a main meal within half an hour of waking, sun gazing, getting up at dawn and walking in the wet grass barefooted, splashing with cold water after a bath and using yellow lensed glasses at night.

Continuing to improve and have loads more energy.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I poo-poohed the orange glasses for years...but I'm so happy with them now. I can't believe how sleepy I get at night now. It's like a miracle. Now I just wish it would work at 2am when I wake up!
That's amazing....such a little thing that works...Ha!

Cort

Staff member
I have been following him and am seeing really good results. I came to a plateau on paleo but have had a new boost.

I am eating a lot more wild salmon and oysters, eating a main meal within half an hour of waking, sun gazing, getting up at dawn and walking in the wet grass barefooted, splashing with cold water after a bath and using yellow lensed glasses at night.

Continuing to improve and have loads more energy.
How much help was the paleo diet?

Cort

Staff member
I associate Kruse w/ ice baths. I know of one person who swears by them, and the healing they've brought. brrrrrr. not me. (Nothing freaks out my adrenals/kidneys like thinking of cold water.) I've awakened at dawn forever. Even when at my worst of sleep deprivation, I couldn't sleep past the first bird song. Now, I go to bed early to support my early AM wakening. works for me. And depend on f.lux for color shifting on computer.
I have always had early AM waking - no matter what time I got to bed I wake up early....I wonder how common that is?

Tigerlily

How much help was the paleo diet?

It is autoimmune one and it has done great things. Cutting grains dairy sugar etc has been massive. I improved all round and got rid of diabetes. However l felt it had slowed down . I stay out of ketosis because of my thyroid but am able to eat lower and lower carbs.

The missing key for me is electron loss and leptin resistance. Both are improving with getting back to nature. l can now do what was unimaginable a few months ago. More fish has been vital too. Kruse does not like omega 6. I think the man is a genius.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources