Dr. Jared Younger - do you have a hot brain?

Who Me?

Neuro inflammation, pain and fatigue laboratory at UAB

"I just released a video on our new technique to measure brain temperature. I hope we can use this brain scan to identify when someone has neuroinflammation that is causing pain and fatigue. You can see the video by going to our youtube channel, or by clicking on the link below:

- Jarred Younger"

bobby

great video! he's still looking for people with ME/CFS, fibro, RA, MS, etc. from the Alabama area to be in this brain scan study.

hot brain... that's exactly how my head feels! Pretty sure I could fry an egg on there :eggonface:

bobby

he basically says that the temperature of the brain of a patient with ME, FM, RA, MS, etc. is higher than that of a healthy person. It's not a big difference, but apparently the brain reacts pretty badly to the slightest temperature change. Hot brain points towards neuroinflammation and this could eventually lead us to a biomarker of some sort. So it sounds pretty exciting!

Who Me?

@bobby. Cort is condensing all Jared younger stuff so not sure where this will end up.

I'm sure I have neuro inflammation. I can almost feel it.

We'll be cured!!

Who Me?

From the description this is used during chemo to prevent your hair from falling out by keeping the follicles cold.

I doubt it reaches into the brain where it needs to be cooled. Just my opinion.

bobby

@Anomie I tried that for a while - not a cap, tried first with regular ice packs wrapped in a towel. (those caps are made of the same stuff as ice packs anyway) It doesn't really do much, cause the brain is protected. That's the tricky part, brain is pretty much unreachable.

I also used to massage my head with hot coconut oil, cause that's supposed to be cooling as well. Not sure if that helped either... Head isn't as hot as it used to be, so I guess something worked...

Strike me lucky

Just a thought, i wonder if ice baths like athletes use would effect neuro temperature. Would think that lowering total body temp should help. Its probably a similar senario to kids who have febrile convulsions, cooling them down with normal tap water and paracetamol can stop further febrile convulsions from occurring??

Theres also research showing that during a cardiac arrest, cooled iv fluids to drop their core body temperature by several degrees can help reduce brain damage during resuscitation efforts.

Interesting anyway.

Who Me?

Unknown.jpeg

RobertD

I posted recently on my experiences with the 'bains derivatifs', a washing of the sides of the groin to cool the lymph and create some sort of balance (?) in the nervous system. Feel like I'll getting something wrong in the explanation.

Anyway the result was bliss in the brain as if it was being washed clean for the first time in years. My head felt cooler. I think that it could be a viable route to cooling the brain.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/bains-dérivatifs-cold-water-therapy.15574/page-6

Link goes to last page and I'm the last post but well worth reading about it from page 1.

Doesn't make you cold like the bathing techniques either.

Anomie

I posted recently on my experiences with the 'bains derivatifs', a washing of the sides of the groin to cool the lymph and create some sort of balance (?) in the nervous system. Feel like I'll getting something wrong in the explanation.

Anyway the result was bliss in the brain as if it was being washed clean for the first time in years. My head felt cooler. I think that it could be a viable route to cooling the brain.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/bains-dérivatifs-cold-water-therapy.15574/page-6

Link goes to last page and I'm the last post but well worth reading about it from page 1.

Doesn't make you cold like the bathing techniques either.
This looks very interesting, when I have a bit more energy I will give this a try. Thank you!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources