Dr. Jay Goldstein's Top 23 Drugs for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)

Dr. Jay Goldstein's Top 23 Drugs for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Dr. Jay Goldstein's Top 23 Drugs for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) - Iconic doctors list of best treatments

Dr. Goldstein believed ME/CFS was a disorder of disturbed central nervous system processing.

He developed a unique protocol for treating chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). He also wrote three books in the 1990's and in 2004: "Betrayal of the Brain:
The Neurologic Basis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, and Related Disorders" and "The Limbic Hypothesis" and Tuning the Brain".

Erica...

Read more about this resource...

zzz

The list of 23 drugs here is taken from Dr. Goldstein's 1996 book, Betrayal by the Brain. By the time Dr. Goldstein wrote his final book, Tuning the Brain, in 2003, he was using close to 150 drugs, and his methods for using them had become much more complex. Essentially, there are four implicit tiers in Dr. Goldstein's final system. Tier 1, consisting of eight drugs, and Tier 2, consisting of 16 drugs, can be found in the last paragraph of p. 319 of Tuning the Brain. Tier 3, which uses the treatment algorithm described on p. 55, can be found in chart form on p. 458. (Slightly different versions of this chart can be found online; the most recent version of this chart appears to be here.) Finally, Tier 4 consists of the list of drugs starting on page 459. Tier 3 includes most of the drugs of the first two tiers, while Tier 4 includes all drugs.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources