Dr. Jockers on How to Naturally Increase GABA Levels

Dr. Jockers on How to Naturally Increase GABA Levels

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Dr. Jockers on How to Naturally Increase GABA Levels - Need some "brain relaxation?" Increasing GABA levels might help with fibromyalgia and ME/CFS

Do you have difficulty relaxing? Do you feel like your brain (or body) simply won't calm down? Or how about problems with stimuli or muscle stiffness?

You could have low levels of GABA (Gamma-AminoButyric Acid). Some doctors believe that low levels of GABA an inhibitory neurotransmitter that calms and relaxes the brain, could be causing many symptoms in chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.

Dr. Jockers, a Georgia chiropracter and nutritionist and the author of "Supercharge Your...

Read more about this resource...

Wayne

I've been doing quite a bit of research on pregnenolone recently (it's working really well for me), and remembered that it affects GABA levels. Here's a snippet from THIS ARTICLE (comprehensive).

6) Pregnenolone is Anti-Anxiety

Patients with general anxiety disorder have significantly lower levels of pregnenolone sulfate (R).

Allopregnanolone (measured after taking pregnenolone) reduces self-reported anxiety (R).

Pregnenolone reduces irritability in adults with autism spectrum disorder (R).

Allopregnanolone is a potent activator of GABA (A) (R).

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I've been doing quite a bit of research on pregnenolone recently (it's working really well for me), and remembered that it affects GABA levels. Here's a snippet from THIS ARTICLE (comprehensive).

6) Pregnenolone is Anti-Anxiety

Patients with general anxiety disorder have significantly lower levels of pregnenolone sulfate (R).

Allopregnanolone (measured after taking pregnenolone) reduces self-reported anxiety (R).

Pregnenolone reduces irritability in adults with autism spectrum disorder (R).

Allopregnanolone is a potent activator of GABA (A) (R).
I believe it. If I remember correctly I know somebody who did very well on it.

Issie

As you may remember, I've thought for years that too high glutamate could cause more issues with sympathetic dominance. However, any time I've tried to increase GABA with supplements I paradox - be it meds or most supplements . I have found Jiaogulan has helped improved my energy, stamina and mood. I'm recently using Pregnonolone too. I'm using 10 mg now.
Issie

Last edited:

Issie

Anyone considering pregnenolone or progesterone or DHEA should understand biphasic dose response.

It's especially fun and complicated for women thanks to our menstrual cycles.

https://epiphanyasd.blogspot.com/2015/02/why-low-doses-can-work-differently-or.html?m=1
Thanks, really liked this. I paradox with GABA and progesterone. They both do the opposite of desired response haven't been able to use in any strength. Same for my sister. So far, 10 mg seems good of pregnonolone. I don't feel the need to increase. I like that the body can produce all the different hormones from pregnonolone if they go down the right path and proper conversion. I didn't find DHEA to be of any help, possible more issues.
Issie

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources