Dr. Martin Lerner - a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Resource Center

Resource Dr. Martin Lerner - a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Resource Center

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Dr. Martin Lerner - a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Resource Center - Diagnostic and Treatment protocols, video's, interviews, recovery stories, blogs

" I’ve got people who are up to 8 or 9 or 10; fully recovered able to exercise and participate fully in life. I have all kinds of people who are not as well but are living normal lives now, marrying when they couldn’t marry before, working when they couldn’t work before. It’s been extraordinarily satisfying."​
Prior to coming down with chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)Dr. Lerner was the Chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases and established a virology laboratory at...

Read more about this resource...

Remy

Administrator
Unfortunately now closed after Dr Lerner's passing last year. A real loss for those of us in the Midwest with so few treatment options already.

bobby

@Remy Do you know if anyone is going to take his place - formally or not? It seems like such a waste of all his work and dedication that it would just all disappear like that... I can't believe no one would follow in his footsteps if he helped so many patients...

Remy

Administrator
@Remy Do you know if anyone is going to take his place - formally or not? It seems like such a waste of all his work and dedication that it would just all disappear like that... I can't believe no one would follow in his footsteps if he helped so many patients...
I haven't heard that anyone has stepped in.

I always thought it was unfortunate that he didn't bring in some younger associates to train under him. I'm not sure why he didn't...if CFS is just a career killer and no one wanted to join him or if he was just too "my way or the highway" to deal with opinions from other clinicians. The possibilities are equally likely in my opinion.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I haven't heard that anyone has stepped in.

I always thought it was unfortunate that he didn't bring in some younger associates to train under him. I'm not sure why he didn't...if CFS is just a career killer and no one wanted to join him or if he was just too "my way or the highway" to deal with opinions from other clinicians. The possibilities are equally likely in my opinion.
He obviously didn't. It's too bad...Dr. Peterson has been training interns and so has Dr. Klimas.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources