Dr. Martin Lerner's Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia Antiviral Treatment Protocol

Resource Dr. Martin Lerner's Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia Antiviral Treatment Protocol

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Dr. Martin Lerner's ME/CFS Antiviral Treatment Protocol - A pioneer in treating chronic fatigue syndrome patients with antivirals

Dr. Lerner had ME/CFS and has been treating ME/CFS patients for many years. Several recovery stories in the Recovery Stories section feature Dr. Lerner's patients. He has proposed that an unusual form of EBV that produces proteins that provoke the immune system but rarely replicate is present in chronic fatigue syndrome.

His treatment regimens are usually quite long lasting - at least 6 months to over a year.

His protocol from his website is below" ...

Read more about this resource...

Who Me?

I think things have changed with the dosing of Valcyte since this first came out and many now just use 450 mgs once per day. Aside from the cost and the side effects there are studies that show a lower dose works just as well.

It's interesting that he says CMV IgM isn't really a good indicator because mine is high and my doc is very concerned. I think most mainstream docs don't care too much about high IgG (everyone has been exposed to CMV) but IgM gets their attention.

Cort

Staff member
I think things have changed with the dosing of Valcyte since this first came out and many now just use 450 mgs once per day. Aside from the cost and the side effects there are studies that show a lower dose works just as well.

It's interesting that he says CMV IgM isn't really a good indicator because mine is high and my doc is very concerned. I think most mainstream docs don't care too much about high IgG (everyone has been exposed to CMV) but IgM gets their attention.
I agree that is strange. I don't get it. I looked up IgM - it suggests your body is fighting off an active infection....

IgM is the first antibody that the body produces in an acute infection. It is approximately six times larger than IgG and is multivalent. This means that it has multiple binding sites. In the case of IgM, the number of binding sites is 10! However, only about half of these can actually bind to an antigen.

Read more: Difference Between IgM and IgG | Difference Between | IgM vs IgG http://www.differencebetween.net/science/health/difference-between-igm-and-igg/#ixzz3YAFyTqoH

That's good to know about the dose - lower is better and more affordable :)

Who Me?

When my NP saw my IgM she said she was much more worried about that than my elevated HHV6 IgG because like you say, IgM is current infection. How do I have a current infection of CMV?

I think Montoya uses a lower dose now. I'm going to try 225 mgs. I just have to figure out when. Whenever I start an antiviral I'm in pain for a few days and this is supposed to be worse. I spoke to my doc about it so waiting for an RX.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3008374/

I think @sdsu has heard of some highly sensitive people using really small amounts, like 1/16 of a tablet. I don't know how that is going though.

Cort

Staff member
Maybe you were just recently exposed to it or maybe you were exposed to it and never got over it....Maybe the IgM stays up as long as the infection is kicking away ???? About 60% of the population has been exposed to it.

Did you see the Davis blog where CMV had a huge impact on the immune system?

CMX001 might be an option for you when/if it gets approved. .

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources