Dr Perlmutter's Recommended Probiotics for Brain Health.

Remy

Administrator
To make the task of finding and purchasing the right formulas as easy as possible, I’ve simplified my recommendation to just 5 core species that are widely available:Lactobaccilus plantarum, Lactobaccilus acidophilus, Lactobaccilus brevis, Bifidobacterium lactis and Bifidobacterium longum. Different strains provide different benefits, but these are the ones that will support your body’s biology by doing the very things we’ve been discussing since the beginning of the book when it comes to sustaining brain health.

Full text here.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Interesting...

The first one was from fermented vegetables - I like it.
Lactobaccilus plantarum: Found in kimchi, sauerkraut, and other cultured vegetables, this bug is one of the most beneficial bacteria in your body. It survives in the stomach for a long time and performs many functions that help regulate immunity and control inflammation in the gut. It also helps fortify the gut lining, fending off potential invaders that might compromise the intestinal wall and sneak into the bloodstream. In fact, L. plantarum’s beneficial impact on the gut lining is perhaps its most important attribute, for it reduces gut permeability, thereby reducing the associated risks for leaky gut—including an increased risk for virtually every brain disorder. - See more at: http://www.drperlmutter.com/learn/r....com&utm_campaign=buffer#sthash.BDkLrI8O.dpuf

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources