Dramatic results of T Cell therapy Leukemia remission

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Interesting read. I'm sure this has some potential benefit for us. Maybe someone without bad brain fog can help me figure out what that might be.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-therapy-puts-leukemia-patients-in-remission/
For me this story just illustrates the awesome power of the medical profession when they really put their mind to something - as well as how powerful the immune system is when it gets targeted at something.

Cancer researchers are making real progress - it's taken a long time but it's happening - that's just really good to hear.

If researchers were able to find that certain receptors on certain cells were causing our systems to go haywire - which certainly could be happening - I imagine they could use an approach like this.

Medical technology moves on. The long we hang no the more chance we have of benefiting from it.

“The rates of remission in patients who had no other options have been astoundingly high,” Maloney said.
The technique works by removing millions of T-cells from patients and then using a disabled virus to introduce new genetic material in the form of antibody-like proteins called CARs, or chimeric antigen receptors.

The re-engineered cells are designed to target a protein on the surface of malignant B-cells known as CD19. When they’re reintroduced to the patient, they bind to the B-cells, destroying them — and the cancer.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources