Drug study with Efgartigimod for POTS

GasDoc

Interesting study being planned for POTS with Efgartigimod. A monoclonal antibody fragment that binds other antibodies. Think of it like a pharmaceutical immunoadsorption without the extracorporeal circuit.

More info on the drug here ⬇️

More info on the study here ⬇️

Essentially demonstrates that at least one pharmaceutical company believes that POTS is autoimmune, with autoantibodies in nature.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Nice! Thanks for that. Also used in myasthenia gravis interestingly given the Mestinon connection :)

SarahTee

Interesting study being planned for POTS with Efgartigimod. A monoclonal antibody fragment that binds other antibodies. Think of it like a pharmaceutical immunoadsorption without the extracorporeal circuit.

Essentially demonstrates that at least one pharmaceutical company believes that POTS is autoimmune, with autoantibodies in nature.

Is it this one?

I couldn’t see the Twitter link (my computer is ancient). Sorry to bother you.

SarahTee

Just noticed that Dr Peter Novak is the principal investigator on this one:
Oops, I just realised that I posted this link in the wrong thread and too long has passed to delete it. Sorry!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources