Dry Mouth / Puffy eyes

greg hay

Hi guys.
just wondered did anyone else get crazy dry mouth during a bad crash. Thinking i might have sjorgens but dont get the dry eyes.
its my primary indicator for my overall cfs state. The drier the mouth the bigger the.crash.
any ideas appreciated.
PS i drink loads of.water.....no effect

Paw

You've probably already thought through all the meds and supplements you take? Many are notorious for dry mouth (and mouth sores). And you've probably already tried to mitigate with Biotene? Kind of helpful.

Merida

Greg,
Just cruising around on discussions and found your comments. My dry mouth ( and every thing else) started immediately after my neck injury. It is VERY dry - tongue sticking to roof of mouth at times - with metallic tastes and burning tongue at times. Early on, I could lie on my back and feel the saliva stop. I could roll my head to the right and have saliva start to flow.

So, I could only conclude that my dry mouth is directly related to my neck position. According to the book :Clinical Neuroanatomy made Ridiculously Simple, by Stephen Goldberg, MD, cranial nerve number 9 is responsible for salivation. It comes off of the medulla - in the brain stem. My eyes are not dry. So, . . . ?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Hi guys.
just wondered did anyone else get crazy dry mouth during a bad crash. Thinking i might have sjorgens but dont get the dry eyes.
its my primary indicator for my overall cfs state. The drier the mouth the bigger the.crash.
any ideas appreciated.
PS i drink loads of.water.....no effect
I would get Sjogren's checked out and if you do you really need the lip biopsy to be sure. Carol Stiles had no indications of Sjogren's - no dry mouth etc. no elevated RNA but a lip biopsy showed she had it and that made a huge difference in her treatment.

Are you taking salt with your water? or have a salt rich diet?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I get dry mouth in the spring oddly enough - and it gets worse when I drink alot of water (lol)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources