Duloxetine help pain?

Strike me lucky

What seems to be helping today is the lyrica and piggy backing panadeine forte with tramadol. Only a low dose of tramadol so no issues with it and duloxetine, yet??

Unfortunately pred not doing anything this time.

I'm supposed to be going back to work next week????????

I read about people having post herpetic neuralgia for years. Shit i hope its not me but dam nerves on left side of head have had several shingles outbreaks in last12 months so they have taken a beating.

Paw

At the momeny duloxetine isn't doing two fiths of bugger all and same with prednisolone. Lyrica is helping but try to avoid it during the day as it makes me groggy but currently its not an option.

I will keep taking duloxetine as they say effects can take weeks to occur.
I don't know why, but my neurologist prescribed 90 mg duloxetine (and fought Humana hard to get it), so maybe it was the larger dose that gave me pretty dramatic results within a week.

I will say that now, two years later, its effectiveness is more questionable. That's why I'm gradually reducing it.

I never tried Lyrica (it's not preferred by Humana), but I love gabapentin. But I've also gotten a taste of how wicked the gabapentin tolerance and withdrawal issues can be, so I take it selectively. Most docs don't seem to realize this and are happy to dish it out like candy. My rheumatologist gets mad at me that I won't take it regularly, twice a day. It's great for sleep on a particularly bad night.

Strike me lucky

One week on 30mg duloxetine with no real help. 2 days now on 60mg, no side effects hard to tell if helping as had another treatment yesterday.

I got injections into the side of my head where shingles were with lots of local and cortisone. The first few hrs were great being aĺl numbed up. Cortisone can take abit longer to work but might be kicking in the day after.

Still able to take tramadol in low doses while on duloxetine with serotonin syndrome effects if needed.

I go back to work on tuesday. I am going into an easier less stressful role where i get meal breaks and finish on time and is part time 3x8hr shifts. But i have to work in my old role for 3 weeks fulltime first which is 10hr shifts that usually run late, rately meal breaks and just dame busy. Work understand i should be taking it easy and asked if i could manage it. I said the first few days but cant guarantee i can do every shift. They seemed cool with that and will try and work a few things out.

Remy

Administrator
Work understand i should be taking it easy and asked if i could manage it. I said the first few days but cant guarantee i can do every shift. They seemed cool with that and will try and work a few things out.
Good luck, @Strike me lucky! You're wise to move into a different job and I hope that your return is as smooth and easy as possible. Sounds like they aren't complete assholes, so that's helpful too...

Strike me lucky

No improvement from 60mg duloxetine but sweating more. Ive dropped back to 30mg but i dont think its helping pain or much for mood, possibly the higher dose worsened mood for me??

What has helped was cortisone injected into the site of shingles. Still using tramadol or panadeine but using less. Still have that post viral feel from vzv but getting there.

Paw

Sounds like it may not be the thing for you -- although you've got a lot of acute stuff going on right now.

When I started taking it, increased perspiration was one of the most consequential effects. I would just lay on the couch and marvel at how I could feel the ambient air cooling my skin for the first time in years. It was like I'd been sealed in wax, and then suddenly my pores were open and breathing.

It sure seems like the duloxetine was responsible, and that this cooling feeling alleviated much of my under-the-skin burning. But I know it doesn't work for everyone.

Strike me lucky

Sounds like it may not be the thing for you -- although you've got a lot of acute stuff going on right now.

When I started taking it, increased perspiration was one of the most consequential effects. I would just lay on the couch and marvel at how I could feel the ambient air cooling my skin for the first time in years. It was like I'd been sealed in wax, and then suddenly my pores were open and breathing.

It sure seems like the duloxetine was responsible, and that this cooling feeling alleviated much of my under-the-skin burning. But I know it doesn't work for everyone.

Still sweating heaps on 30mg and im back at work so its really uncomfortable. I'm going to take it every second day for a few days than stop.

I think im getting better pain relief with tramadol and lyrica. Ive used low doses of zoloft for some energy but not for nerve pain. I know i can tolerate it, so i might consider it.

Edronax was worse and is just an nri. Effexor from memory was ok but has more serotonin effects than noradrenaline. I think the noradrenaline is worse for sweating. But effexor was hard to get off. Im might just skip these drugs altogether.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources