Need to delete this. [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

I remembered reading a few years ago that EMFs can cause mold to grow exponentially. I just did a quick search, and found this article. Looks like I remembered correctly. I pasted just the introduction; the article is much longer.

EMFs and Mold: A Deadly Combination

Posted on July 7, 2015 by Vidya Frazier, Editor

If you have a seriously-compromised immune system, it’s likely you can’t be around mold for any length of time, as the very smell of it makes your whole body react.

Some people, however, are not aware of their sensitivity to mold and they continue to live with it, not realizing it is making them sick.

There are also people who are unaware that they’re sensitive to electromagnetic fields (EMFs) and are not aware that their health symptoms are being caused by them.

Put these two noxious sources together—EMFs and mold—and you really get a toxic environment!

EMFs And Mold
There are several studies that have found that low-level EMF exposures found in many homes create mold growth. But perhaps the most graphic one is described in a video posted at the end of this blog by Dietrich Klinghardt, a physician known for his successful treatment of neurological illness and chronic pain with Integrative Medicine. In the video, he explains how:
  • The production of bio-toxins in mold cultures increases by more than six hundred times when exposed to cell phone radiation from a nearby cell phone tower.
  • The amount of cell phone radiation in a cubic inch of air is now several million times higher than it was ten years ago.
  • Pregnant women and women with Lyme disease are particularly sensitive to both mold and EMFs.
  • The rise in neurodevelopmental disorders in children, including autism, is linked to increased EMF exposures.​

Ryan

Thanks Wayne, this is very true. We turn our WiFi off at night and our phones to plane mode. When buying a sauna a did a bunch of research to make sure I got a low EMF sauna. EMF's can mess you up in many ways, but like you say are very bad for making Mold Illness worse. Hard to get away from them completely. Thanks for sharing!!

Issie

If you live in a city and a close to each other neighborhood --- I'd think even if you turn your WiFi off, it's in the air. I could tie onto at least 10 of my neighbors WiFi if I knew the password. Other than building a Faraday cage or getting the mesh that goes over your bed......not thinking we can avoid it. I've read of some putting the fabric around their entire room and windows -- very expensive endeavor. I think we just have to do the best we can and hope it is good enough.
Issie

Jesse

Hi Ryan,

What was your initial flu-like illness like and were you ever tested for Coxsackie viruses?

HMBCheryl

Thanks Ryan. Would be nice to have another perspective. A lot of what I've done has been on my own. When I added my herbals to treat mold and did all the cleanses is when things started improving with me.
I got good news today......my brain menigioma is shrinking. The mold that was found in my thyroid biopsy was said to cause tumors. I wonder if that's what caused my brain tumor. Will be interesting to see if the multiple thyroid tumors I have are shrinking too. Will find out next month. Will hold my herbal and detox course. Things are looking up. Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!
Issie
There was a very good webinar with Dr Ackerly just aired. Here is more info from the blog site. I'll try to get the webinar link too.
http://www.moldillnessmadesimple.com/mims/category/blog/

Here's the webinar.

Issie
Thanks, Issie! Very informative! Also, next time they biopsy my thyroid, I will ask for pathology.

HMBCheryl

Cheryl, I feel your pain - I'm so sorry. I am happy that you're ruling CIRS out with a Shoemaker Dr. There is a paper called Brain on Fire by Dr. Mary Ackerley that I highly recommend. Brain damage does happen with this, but the good news is that the studies have shown the VIP treatment at the very end of treatment will reverse that brain damage. Your Neuroquant MRI will be very valuable to help determine if your have this type of inflammation. Wishing you the best!! Good luck!!
CIRS was not ruled out but in! Did you have to pay out of pocket for Neuroquant?

Issie

Thanks, Issie! Very informative! Also, next time they biopsy my thyroid, I will ask for pathology.
Sadly, I have more thyroid nodules. Don't have details yet. My appt is in 2 weeks with Endo. I can't help but think about Suzanne Somer. They told her she had cancer and it was mold/fungus. The type mold/fungus Dr Fry has found works in the body sort of like Valley Fever. It can go into any organ and wind up any where. I have appointment with the same doc Ryan saw - next week. Will post what I learn.
Issie

Issie

From what I understand about the Neuro Quant MRI is it may be paid by insurance if your insurance allows. I plan to pay with my HSA card. It will be ordered by a doctor and have proper insurance diagnostic codes.

I couldn't use the MRI I just had done. It has to be set up to do that specific type of MRI. I had my other MRI at the same place in Phoenix that does it, but they couldn't use it. It cost the same as any other type MRI.
Issie

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

What was your initial flu-like illness like and were you ever tested for Coxsackie viruses?
Just answered you private message. Sorry, didn't see this until now. The leading Dr.'s in this field believe 'mold illness' brings out these virus's. I tested positive for EBV, CMS, and HHV6. Never was tested for Cocksackie. My illness was the flu from hell that never went away for nearly 10 years. Always achy, tired, in pain, sleep issues, and all the things that are normally attributed to what some call Fibro/CFS. Turns out it was biotoxin illness the entire time.

Ryan

CIRS was not ruled out but in! Did you have to pay out of pocket for Neuroquant?
Cheryl, in some places a Neuroquant is less than $100. In my case it would have been $350, but my insurance paid for it. I believe the insurance company just asked "why" I needed it and my Dr. said "frequent headaches" and it was covered.

Issie

Not wanting to freak anyone out. But I've recently had disturbing news. Part of this may be related to POTS and part of it to APS (with too thick blood). But my doc thinks it's mold related causing these other things. I'm going to post what I've told my friends who "want to know". Maybe this will help others and you get on top of this faster before it becomes an issue for you too. What I've been doing has helped a lot - BUT, not enough.

Yep, for sure ----messed up. Saw one doc today.

Okay, just back from seeing Dr Fry for the last time before he retires from seeing patients.
P86AzVKDG_Qtk5jg1I3WTAMROjarp7g_6NN_UqT23wzYkICNH92tL7hLnsX7NUcmraBelZGao_OdDKh4OJQzyiJH6yx7bMWoMwCRUcvXiRrgM1haJ01-dF8a=s0-d-e1-ft
He feels this mold/fungus is what's creating most of my issues. It is similar to Valley Fever and goes everywhere into every organ. He is treating with Doxycycoline and Diflucan.

His research has found that magnesium, most B vitamins (including Methyl Folate --- only safe one is B12), and Fish Oils feed it. May be why I have more thyroid tumors, as I had started using those things. He said to be careful of minerals too. But didn't tell me to stop taking zinc or chromium - so hope those are okay. (Only use a few times a week.)

He feels I didn't herx with the Doxy the last time because of the magnesium. He said it inactivates it. It's obvious I have issues. Feet were purple in his office and he pointed this out to me. Brain fog is awful. He said I'm not getting good enough blood flow or oxygen. So making changes. He really feels being as close to vegan is better. But I felt like adding meat back a few times a week gave me more muscle strength.
I'm seeing a Shoemaker trained mold doc tomorrow for another perspective. Having had that envoronmental exposure for almost a year didn't help things.

He also confirmed what I saw on my brain MRI. Basically I have clogged veins in my brain and holes in my brain (ischemic disease - lack of oxygen and blood can be a cause). No wonder my brain fog is sooooo bad. The brain tumor hasn't grown. But he said it's indicative of either strokes or precursors to one. Also MS is possible. He said he has seen the holes repair. But he feels the clog is this fungal thing. They pulled it out of heart bypasses. Was positive in all prostate cancers they checked and a brain tumor they checked and was in my Thyroid. He said if I don't get the veins open and get it out of my organs - it will kill me. He thinks I genetically don't have a protein to break it down and my immune system won't detect it. See Neuro next week.

And the thyroid has more tumors now. He feels I feed the mold with some of my supplements and that may be why more tumors. I see the endo next week.

Having very bad POTS today. And was trying Huperzine A to boost choline to see if it would help brain fog. Appears it ups histamine to increase choline. Not good for someone with Mast cell issues. So that's out. Made my POTS worse.

So there's the update.
Issie

Issie

Saw Dr. Smith today as a consult. A lovely, very attentive doctor who took 3 pages of notes, asked a lot of questions, and made suggestions. I knew going in there mold was an issue and having already had 2 of the usual mold test and being very positive there - didn't need a DX. But help in hitting it harder. She is a licensed naturopath. In AZ they can write lab orders and RX medicine. She completed 4 years of school. She doesn't however take insurance and it is rather expensive. She will give you a form to submit to insurance with diagnostic codes and would be considered out of network doctor. However, the testing is done at labs and radiology places that are covered by insurance.

Discussing this with hubby to see if we can do this. I think I may get more answers and at the very least.....I can hit the mold harder as she believes in it and will try to help you eliminate it. Having tried cholestyramine already and only being able to tolerate it for 3 weeks - she has other options. Binders being a very necessary thing.

As for the ischemic disease, she said most all her patients have this. It can be age related. But she has had it in her younger patients too. So is this mold related??????

So, basically she got a run down on me and I got a feel for her approach and what she would plan to do on my behalf. I feel, I would possibly get some unanswered questions answered. A good visit - I would say.
Issie

Remy

Administrator
Saw Dr. Smith today as a consult. A lovely, very attentive doctor who took 3 pages of notes, asked a lot of questions, and made suggestions. I knew going in there mold was an issue and having already had 2 of the usual mold test and being very positive there - didn't need a DX. But help in hitting it harder. She is a licensed naturopath. In AZ they can write lab orders and RX medicine. She completed 4 years of school. She doesn't however take insurance and it is rather expensive. She will give you a form to submit to insurance with diagnostic codes and would be considered out of network doctor. However, the testing is done at labs and radiology places that are covered by insurance.

Discussing this with hubby to see if we can do this. I think I may get more answers and at the very least.....I can hit the mold harder as she believes in it and will try to help you eliminate it. Having tried cholestyramine already and only being able to tolerate it for 3 weeks - she has other options. Binders being a very necessary thing.

As for the ischemic disease, she said most all her patients have this. It can be age related. But she has had it in her younger patients too. So is this mold related??????

So, basically she got a run down on me and I got a feel for her approach and what she would plan to do on my behalf. I feel, I would possibly get some unanswered questions answered. A good visit - I would say.
Issie
Glad it was a good visit and sad you are struggling. Hope the new doctor works out well for you!

Issie

Glad it was a good visit and sad you are struggling. Hope the new doctor works out well for you!
Thanks Remy. Hoping for another puzzle piece and some resolution. I'm so much better than I was.....and then the test come back as not good. Still fighting!!!!
Issie

Ryan

Still learning h

Issie
Still learning how this site works and just saw your posts Issie. Really hoping this works out for you and you get some answers. Thanks for the updates.

Issie

I just watched a great video on mold and fungus and more natural approach. (I put the links on my threads.) If we can get the immune system optimal - it will fight this off. Not thinking I want to do more Doxy and antifungals.
Issie

grapes

Ryan submitted a new resource:

Falsely diagnosed Fibro/CFS for nearly 10 years. - Turned out it wasn't Fibro/CFS. Everyone should rule out CIRS/Mold Illness first.

Read more about this resource...

This is exactly what has happened to me.

Now granted, I KNEW I still had mold in me plus the HLA gene--testing nine months ago proved it. That mold inhalation happened 4 years ago, and I started having problems 2 1/2 years ago. And I had clear brain inflammation nine months ago as well.

But the long-distance doctor who did the right tests never told me about "CIRS" (I would have researched it if he had), never told me that I needed certain supplements/amounts to aggressively lower the inflammation. And though I got a prescription for Cholestyramine, there was a whole lot I didn't understand about it's use, so my use was spotty. Nine months now of not treating things correctly (though I have been on the Rg3 spray and that helped my brain inflammation) and being on my own with miserable fatigue, low energy levels, bad crashing episodes, mito problems, the need for super high amounts of ubiquinol, brand new methylation problems, low nutrient levels, high RT3 and ordering many different kinds of valuable tests and treating the results on my own--two OATs, Spectracell, hair heavy metal testing...on and on.

Bottom line, I concluded that the mold plus high heavy metals I had to detox twice, caused what I thought was ME/CFS in me. Depressing.

But I was dead wrong all this time. I now know I have CIRS as of yesterday as I'm writing this. I have done my own reading the past 24 hours and am now on several supplements to lower the inflammation, others to get my glutamate up....and already have less fatigue the FIRST day of using the anti-inflammatory supps. I also now better understand how to use the cholestyramine, and started that better administration today.

And I have asked for a consultation with Dr. Shoemaker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources