Fibro and Dental problem

Remy

Administrator
Hi all, my mom has fibro and she has been suffering from "burning mouth syndrome" for the past 1 year. So she can't eat anything spicy and she often gets ulcer in her mouth. Recently she has a problem of falling teeth. Is it related to her fibro? I am planning to fix an appointment with our family dentist in Whitby (Appleton Dental). What are your suggestions on this? She has diabetic problems too. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Burning mouth syndrome is often a symptom of Mast Cell Activation Disease (MCAS or MCAD). Sometimes treatment for this can greatly improve symptoms when nothing else has worked.

I encourage you to check out the Mast Cell forum too!

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
It also makes me wonder about dry mouth and Sjogren's Syndrome. I think there's probably more SS in FM and ME/CFS than we know.

I have had many dental experiences over the years. My past couple of dental checkups have been clean though. I can't remember the last time that happened.

It's because I'm using Philips Sonicare advanced whitening electric toothbrush. It's pretty expensive but so powerful! (More powerful than their basic version.) It's probably saved me $1,000's of dollars. I got mine from Costco...

Hi all, my mom has fibro and she has been suffering from "burning mouth syndrome" for the past 1 year. So she can't eat anything spicy and she often gets ulcer in her mouth. Recently she has a problem of falling teeth. Is it related to her fibro? I am planning to fix an appointment with our family dentist in Whitby (Appleton Dental). What are your suggestions on this? She has diabetic problems too. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

San Diego

I’ve been on mast drugs for 3+ months and am no longer getting mouth ulcers. Perhaps the ulcers were from lack of hygiene, which improved once I treated my mast cells and had the energy and 'give-a-damn’ to brush and floss again?

I suspect it’s more to do with the mast cells themselves, however, as my GERD, which left me with Barrett’s and esophageal erosions, has also stopped after nearly 15 years.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources