Fibromyalgia Immune Blood Test Going Mainstream?

The FM/a Fibromyalgia Blood Test

• I have FM, I tried the test and I was positive

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I have FM, I tried the test and was negative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have FM, I tried to get the test done but my doctor wouldn't go for it

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have FM, I tried to get the test done but my insurer wouldn't go for it

• I have FM, I haven't tried the test but would like to

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • I have FM and I'm not interested in taking the test at this time

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have ME/CFS, I tried the test and I was positive

• I have ME/CFS, I tried the test and was negative

• I have ME/CFS, and I would like to try the test

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • I have ME/CFS, and I'm not interested at this time.

• Total voters

madie

I just got off the phone with Dr. Bruce Gillis from the fibromyalgia testing company. He was completely open to answering any questions about my test.

A score of 55 means I have FM, but the white blood cells the test is run on change every 7 days. Also FM fluctuates, and apparently that number rises as symptoms get worse. Dr. Gillis is adamant that the test is diagnostic, and is accepted as proof of illness for disability claims in the US. Which I don't need, but that's interesting.

We talked about my raw data, and I can't explain why it wouldn't be useful to me anyway. But I'm satisfied about that - that it wouldn't do me any good.

Grammie Deb

Hello, this is Kweenpita79, now a Grammie Deb in 2023. My life has been very complicated with parents facing end stage care, children adding 5 grandchildren and my husband's recovery from a TBI, miraculous. I have always hold onto the promise "that intended for wicked will be used for good". It is.

If enough Zebra's herd in your body eventually one will shine a light. With the Grocery list of symptoms and Syndromes CFS\ME and FMS can accumulate some eventually break a mold or test positive for labs.

Had a virus that was testing negative positive for RA, Epstein Barr and making my Inflammation Levels so high they were second to Cytomeglavirus nurse case. Then my rash of small blisters which is normal became abnormal.

My bloodwork identified the virus "Parvirus B19 with live Antibodies, and they don't know how to treat it".

There are many interesting papers on Chronic B19. Having antibodies, is not very common. However B19 in DNA in feces people with IBS and CFS was about 40% in a research study.

Along, with B19, I am DX with CFS, FM and Hypermobile,according to the hEhlers Danos scale.

It's been recommended, since living so close to Atlanta, I forgo years of testing, and go to Emory Rare Disease Clinic. Since my half brother has a DX rare Immunological Inherited Disease and 2 of my 4 cancers are to be known genetic, so far.

I write this long winded to say, it's been a long journey.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources