From hospitalization to recovery: Leah's Dr. Lerner ME/CFS Recovery Story

From hospitalization to recovery: Leah's Dr. Lerner ME/CFS Recovery Story

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member

dee

hi, i don't know how this site works so wherever this ends up, well? anyways, dr. lerner wanted me to have antivirals in my veins every week for 6 months BUT he never realized that getting outta the house 3 days a week for this and one to spend the whole day in the hosp. getting this in my veins is something that simply CANNOT be done with this illness.

i don't know why he didn't offer another way for someone housebound/bedridden? he put me at a 2 1/2 on his chart so he should have known this was not possible! there has to be ANOTHER way! but WHY didn't he offer anything else?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I imagine that he was going to give you Vistide? Because he found cytomegalovirus?

The good news on that front is that a pill version of Vistide called CMX001 is being tested (in other diseases). If it's FDA approved it should be more effective and safer and easier to use. I think the studies will be done in a year or two.

dee

I imagine that he was going to give you Vistide? Because he found cytomegalovirus?

The good news on that front is that a pill version of Vistide called CMX001 is being tested (in other diseases). If it's FDA approved it should be more effective and safer and easier to use. I think the studies will be done in a year or two.

hi, he wanted to use something to get rid of the high level EBV.

dee

cort, it could have been that because he was concerned about my kidneys or liver because its very hard on them.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources