Headphones to Stimulate the Vagus Nerve.

San Diego

It wasn't about disliking the music. It just had the effect of making me physically ill. The longer I tried to separate the lyrics from the music, so I could piece together the words enough to make sense of if all, the sicker I felt.
Exactly! Like it inflames by brain.

Like you with the classical orchestra accompaniment, I occasionally stumble across something that my brain deems acceptable. But those are few and far between.

Lissa

Exactly! Like it inflames by brain.

Like you with the classical orchestra accompaniment, I occasionally stumble across something that my brain deems acceptable. But those are few and far between.

Yes, who knows what will be ok when?! It's crazy making. For a long time I couldn't have the radio on in the car, even with my husband driving. It was just sensory overload between that and visual stuff flying by.

Just in the past year I've found that I can listen again while driving but NEVER in traffic. Only on back roads with no distractions. I have to turn the radio off before getting into towns.

Also I've recently noticed that I can listen to old music --- like from other decades. It's like my brain recognizes it and because it knows the patterns already, it's cool with that.

But forget about anything new. Even if styles are similar and in theory I would like it. It makes me think of the article posted recently about things "not sticking" in our brains. I'm thinking it's like the brain can't process new music properly and just implodes instead.

San Diego

Also I've recently noticed that I can listen to old music --- like from other decades. It's like my brain recognizes it and because it knows the patterns already, it's cool with that.

But forget about anything new. Even if styles are similar and in theory I would like it. It makes me think of the article posted recently about things "not sticking" in our brains. I'm thinking it's like the brain can't process new music properly and just implodes instead.
Yes!!! I think the recognition must mean less work for the brain. I never thought of it like this.

I read somewhere that after age 35, most people stop acquiring musical tastes. We sort of settle in with what we know and are happy with that. So..... if my brain is really more like a 90 year old, it’s no wonder I can’t “do” new music!

Who needs sex and drugs when you can have rock ‘n roll? Well, more specifically, a set of headphones that you can use to play rock ‘n roll, and get high in the process, apparently.
Called Nervana, these supposed mood-enhancing headphones were recently presented to the public at Las Vegas’ Consumer Electronics Show by their developers, a Florida-based startup also called Nervana.

Wayne

Hi Remy,

Thanks for this info. It reminded me of something I ran across this past year and had planned to check out further--but never did. It's about very quickly and easily "resetting" the vagus nerve. Here's a two-minute video on it entitled "Resetting the Vagus Nerve".

The "sparker" she mentions in the video can be bought on Amazon for $15.99. Here's a LINK. There's a number of interesting comments from those who bought and used it.

Remy

Administrator
Hi Remy,

Thanks for this info. It reminded me of something I ran across this past year and had planned to check out further--but never did. It's about very quickly and easily "resetting" the vagus nerve. Here's a two-minute video on it entitled "Resetting the Vagus Nerve".

The "sparker" she mentions in the video can be bought on Amazon for $15.99. Here's a LINK. There's a number of interesting comments from those who bought and used it.
I've seen that video too! It's kind of like electro-acupuncture, I think? Certainly seems cheap enough to give it a try, doesn't it?

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources