HELP finding a private doctor in UK ?

Lemnia

Hello Everyone,
My partner has asked me to post the message below as she does not have a FB account.

I suffered dreadfully for 6 years before I found Dr. Pridgen in Alabama USA. In short his treatment and protocol is the ONLY thing (and believe me I tried everything available to me) that has helped me get back to what I'd say is 75% normal functioning.
I have been on medication (3 different lots of drugs daily) for the past 2 years now. Dr Pridgen prescribes 6 months worth of the medications and I have contacts in the States who bring it over here to the UK for me. But it is expensive.

I now have two dilemmas.
1. Due to Covid lock down my son who normally travels from the States to bring it to me can no longer travel
2. The expense of the medication is proving too much and I don't have the money to keep paying out for it right now.

So my question to all you good people is....can anyone out there PLEASE suggest a private doctor in the UK who may be willing to work with Dr.Pridgen in the States (Dr. Pridgen has expressed many times he is more than willing to work with doctors in the UK to treat people. When I started the treatment he contacted my GP but at the time my GP at first agreed to prescribe the medication then changed her mind and said no. ) I feel surely there must be a doctor out there who is willing to work with Dr. Pridgen and be able to prescribe the medication for me here in the UK.

I'd be very grateful to anyone who may be able to advise of such a doctor ??

Best wishes to everyone
Karin

Bertiedog

I think Dr Myhill has gone over to the dark side to be honest. She used to be good but has radically changed her approach offering a one size fits all which involves a ketogenic diet which was completely contra indicated for me due to adrenal insufficiency, high dose vitamin c which messed my gut up and she hardly prescribes any medications now because I think she has lost her licence to practice.

She made me considerably worse and she seems to simplify everything with the understanding that if you eat the right diet, in the right way, sleep right then you are likely to recover. If only it was that simple and reading any of Cort's articles especially the most recent one showing how complicated our immune system problems are then you will know it just doesn't make sense but she has developed almost a guru status to many of her followers.

She also has become very money orientated, even wanting more just to get a reply when reporting negative symptoms from her suggestions.

It might be an idea to ask on Phoenix rising for recommendations.

Carl#1

I have never used her services, it was just the name that popped into my head when thinking about CFS doctors. I did see mention that she did have some cases against her which might of resulted in her losing her license to practise medicine so what you say might be correct. Practise medicine, a joke in itself in regard to doctors IMO. I am not a fan of doctors, I rate very few medical doctors. Most are a joke IMO.

Lemnia

Thank you to both of you, I appreciate your comments I really do. I'm so with you in regards to 'most' doctors. If you suffer with this illness you become your own doctor.
However, what I'm after is a doctor who is willing to world with Dr.Pridgen in the States and follow his protocol and be willing to prescribe valcyclovir and celocoxib. It's costing me over $900.00 every 6 months and I can't cannot afford it. But I cannot just stop, Dr Pridgen advised "absolutely not!" when I asked could I cut down on the meds?
I've made a LOT of progress over these last two years on this protocol and prior to that I was bedbound and housebound 95% of the time for 5 years.
Surely somewhere there must be a doctor in the UK who'd will be willing to prescribe what Dr Pridgen advises.
I don't have a FB account or I'd post on there.

Carl#1

Might it be possible to order the items that you need online from no prescription online pharmacies? Many prescription only drugs are available online without prescriptions‼I suggest that you do a search on the following sites for the items that you require before searching for a doctor to prescribe them.

Here is a list I have of online Pharmacies taken from the HR sister site:

Code:
Pharmacy ....................Alexa... Founded....Shipping

www.inhousepharmacy.vu. . . . .2 . . . 1996 . . . Free
goldpharma.cn . . . . . . . . 16 . . . 2005 . . . £6 + 10%
www.unitedpharmacies.md . . . .7 . . . 1998 . . . $12
www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md. . .9 . . . 2012 . . . £8
www.buy-pharma.md . . . . . . 13 . . . 2007 . . . $14

www.genericdoctor.com . . . . 43 . . . 2009
www.antiaging-systems.com . . .6 . . . 1997
www.4nrx.md . . . . . . . . . ND . . . 1999 . . . £10 free over $50
www.4nrx-uk.md. . . . . . . . 24 . . . 2012 . . . £8 free over £50
www.pharmacygeoff.md. . . . . 48 . . . 2012 . . . $7.50

www.thepharmacyexpress.bz . . 60 . . . 2014
www.premiumrxdrugs.com. . . . 17 . . . 2013
www.alldaychemist.com . . . . .3 . . . 2002 . . . $25
www.mimaki-family-japan.com . 23 . . . 1995

https://pharmacyreviewer.co/all-online-pharmacies/

https://pharmacyreviewer.co/blacklisted-pharmacies/

I'm in New Zealand and have access to Dr Myhill's books through online subscription library Scribd. Those books alone are worth the subscription. For nine months now they have been my Bible. She explains the many things that can contribute to ME/CFS in detail. Some of her treatments I take issue with (eg DMSA for detoxing which can make some people worse, and the recommendation of ascorbic acid as a cheap source of high dose Vit C - no mention of damage to tooth enamel!)

But the scientific underpinnings of her practice seem sound and when her patients find value in other natural and functional medicine practitioners' protocols, she investigates and absorbs them into her own practice, eg temperature charts as a guide to thyroid and adrenal dysfunction.

What has helped me the most is her recommendation of tests not available through mainstream medicine. In my case, an Organic Acid Test showed mitochondrial dysfunction caused by heavy metal toxicity and a fungal overgrowth I had no idea I had. Amazing. Tests that actually showed what was wrong with me.

Nine months on I am making progress, although there is still a long way to go. But then I've been ill for three decades and NOTHING I've done until now has made any difference. Dr Myhill's books have allowed me to take control of my own healthcare at last.

petesreav

I am very sorry that you are in such a difficult situation. Tell me, did you manage to find a doctor in the UK? I had a similar problem when I was in another country and couldn't visit my doctor. I was getting worse. Then I found a clinic on the Internet and went to see a doctor. In my case, everything was more accessible. My medical history was kept in the app https://www.iinsight.biz/, so my doctor just threw off my medical history. As it turned out, it's such a cool thing that I was impressed. Thus, the new doctor was able to get acquainted with my problem and prescribe me a treatment. The time of technology...

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources