Hemopurifier medical device filters out viruses

Remy

Administrator
I wonder if something like this would have any use in ME/CFS (if they ever manage to get it approved)?

The Hemopurifier is a single-use disposable cartridge that we designed for use within the established infrastructure of dialysis machines and other blood circulatory instruments already located in hospitals and clinical worldwide.

From mechanism of action standpoint, the Hemopurifier converges the use of biocompatible plasma membrane technology with a plant-derived lectin known as galanthus nivalis agglutinin (GNA), which has an affinity to bind a broad-spectrum of infectious viruses, yet has limited interactions with human proteins that are essential for health. In essence, we capture infectious viruses by their surface glycan shield, which is an evolutionary structure that viruses deploy to cloak themselves from being recognized by the host immune system. As a result, we are able to eliminate circulating infectious viruses before they are able to infect new cells or organs. For average size person, the entire circulatory system can pass through the Hemopurifier about once every 20 minutes.

Full article here.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources