Home Test Kit for Small Intestinal Bowel Overgrowth (SIBO)

Resource Home Test Kit for Small Intestinal Bowel Overgrowth (SIBO)

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Home Test Kit for Small Intestinal Bowel Overgrowth (SIBO) - Marketed as the same test kit doctors use

From the website - http://www.metsol.com/hydrogen-breath-test/small-intestinal-bacterial-overgrowth/
SIBO Test Kit

Knowledge is power. Gut-Chek for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) will let you know whether your pain and discomfort are due to this very common condition. With this knowledge you can begin the road to recovery and take back your life.

Gut-Chek for SIBO is the same hydrogen breath test used at leading medical centers and by...

Read more about this resource...

I keep getting adverts for a new electronic "digestive tracker" gadget - "Aire by FoodMarble" (£90 on pre-order): http://www.foodmarble.com/
Cropper2016-09-10-19-54-42-1021211.png

A product that like could be pretty handy, allowing repeated measurements from the comfort of your own home. But this one only measures hydrogen, not methane or anything else. So not sure how worthwhile it would be, even if it's accurate, given that approximately 35% of people (or more) do not produce hydrogen (and some don't produce methane either) [wikipedia].

Lissa

I've heard that if your SIBO breath test comes back as all zeros.... Showing neither hydrogen or methane, there is a third type of bug that is feasting on the byproducts (hydrogen/methane) of the other two usual types of bugs.

It was my understanding that they just don't have a test yet that can measure the byproduct from these other bugs.

I wonder if that might explain the statistics reflecting people "not producing" either? Just curious...

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources