Hornig/Lipkin Spinal Fluid Study Buttresses Recent Finding: Immune Depression Endemic in ME/CFS

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
A blog on this will come out but for now Science Daily is reporting the Lipkin/Hornig spinal fluid study found similar results as did its huge blood cytokine study: immune depression is endemic in longer duration ME/CFS patients. That's a very interesting finding that's a bit hard to understand given all the emphasis on inflammation in ME/CFS... but it does fit it with their recent findings.

I imagine that it fits with findings of reduced natural killer cell functioning functioning.

Immune findings have been all over the map for years - and they continue to be..

150331074341-large.jpg

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150331074341.htm

"We now know that the same changes to the immune system that we recently reported in the blood of people with ME/CFS with long-standing disease are also present in the central nervous system," says Dr. Hornig, professor of Epidemiology and director of translational research at the Center for Infection and Immunity at the Mailman School. "These immune findings may contribute to symptoms in both the peripheral parts of the body and the brain, from muscle weakness to brain fog."

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources