Hydergine underused in MECFS?

Remy

Administrator
Dr Jay Goldstein considered hydergine the most underused drug in MECFS. I would tend to agree because I never hear it talked about on the forums much.

It is apparently a very powerful antioxidant. It improves brain oxygenation levels and also can boost neurotransmitters like NE and dopamine.

All this and supposedly free from major side effects. Sounds too good to be true maybe? Anyone ever tried it?

In addition to its circulatory enhancing effects, Hydergine can positively impact certain hormonal reactions in the brain which are connected to cognitive function. By limiting the levels of MAO (monoamine oxidase), Hydergine is able to boost and maintain key hormones which would otherwise be lost.

Adrenaline, Epinephrine, and norepinephrine (catecholamines) help regulate nervous system functions from the cerebellum, hypothalamus, hippocampus. Hydergine protects these hormones, contributing to a healthy neural environment.

By interacting with alpha adrenoreceptors, Hydergine enhances the release of more serotonin, dopamine and acetylcholine. Mood is elevated, stress levels are manageable, and problem solving becomes easier. In combination with Hydergine’s increased circulation benefits, users will experience greater concentration, a sense of mental focus, and easy access to memories and facts.
https://nootriment.com/hydergine-uses/

Hip

I was looking at hydergine recently, with the view to trying it for ME/CFS. Decades ago, long before I developed ME/CFS, I had a major interest in smart drugs and supplements (nootropics), and hydergine was one of the very first smart drugs I ever tried. At the time, I did not notice any benefits from hydergine for cognitive enhancement, but that was before I developed ME/CFS.

It is quite possible that hydergine might be helpful for ME/CFS.

Interestingly enough, hydergine was created by Albert Hofman, the discover of LSD, at Sandoz pharmaceuticals.

Hydergine is available here:
Hy-Pro2™ (Hydergine®) - Optimal Health
Hydergine Tablets
Quality Health, Inc

Remy

Administrator
I was looking at hydergine recently, with the view to trying it for ME/CFS. Decades ago, long before I developed ME/CFS, I had a major interest in smart drugs and supplements (nootropics), and hydergine was one of the very first smart drugs I ever tried. At the time, I did not notice any benefits from hydergine for cognitive enhancement, but that was before I developed ME/CFS.

It is quite possible that hydergine might be helpful for ME/CFS.

Interestingly enough, hydergine was created by Albert Hofman, the discover of LSD, at Sandoz pharmaceuticals.

Hydergine is available here:
Hy-Pro2™ (Hydergine®) - Optimal Health
Hydergine Tablets
Quality Health, Inc
I got a prescription for that and for modafinil...I'll report back!

Reactions: Hip

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources