If You're Taking Tramadol - You Might Want to Add Some Aspirin

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
That is if your stomach can take it.

Every little bit helps. It was a pretty big study - 300 plus fibromyalgia patients. It did not assess Tramadol vs Tramadol and aspirin; it was Tramadol/aspirin vs placebo but Health Related quality of life increased significantly and it did so, interestingly enough, in the patients with the most severe pain. The patients also reported reduced stiffness and improved functioning.

Edie

About 12 years ago, my Doctor was able to get Tramadol 50mgs through Health Canada for me as I have had Fibromyalgia for 20 years. I had found that Tylenol#3 and later, Oxycodone had lost their effect for my pain. To this day Tramadol gives me the same pain relief every time I take it. It, however had a weird side effect in that it increased my pain level for the first 30 minutes and after that, I got blessed relief. I had read somewhere, that if you added a Tylenol extra strength along with it, you would get better relief. I tried it and have been on the 2 for years. You don't have to worry about stomach problems with Tylenol, but taking too much Tylenol can be toxic to the liver. If you're in the USA you can buy Tramadol 50mgs (with a prescription) and rapid release Acetaminophen (which is the same as Tylenol) for a combined price of 9 cents at Costco. You don't need a Costco membership to buy from their pharmacy. This combination has given me very effective pain relief. You cannot get Tramadol 50mgs in Canada, only slow release 100mgs, which is too strong for me. In Canada, I can only buy Tramacet which is only 2/3 the dose of the above and I'm paying 90 cents a pill! I also find that Tramadol also gives me extra energy and I heard the same from another lady on Health Rising.

Cort

Staff member
About 12 years ago, my Doctor was able to get Tramadol 50mgs through Health Canada for me as I have had Fibromyalgia for 20 years. I had found that Tylenol#3 and later, Oxycodone had lost their effect for my pain. To this day Tramadol gives me the same pain relief every time I take it. It, however had a weird side effect in that it increased my pain level for the first 30 minutes and after that, I got blessed relief. I had read somewhere, that if you added a Tylenol extra strength along with it, you would get better relief. I tried it and have been on the 2 for years. You don't have to worry about stomach problems with Tylenol, but taking too much Tylenol can be toxic to the liver. If you're in the USA you can buy Tramadol 50mgs (with a prescription) and rapid release Acetaminophen (which is the same as Tylenol) for a combined price of 9 cents at Costco. You don't need a Costco membership to buy from their pharmacy. This combination has given me very effective pain relief. You cannot get Tramadol 50mgs in Canada, only slow release 100mgs, which is too strong for me. In Canada, I can only buy Tramacet which is only 2/3 the dose of the above and I'm paying 90 cents a pill! I also find that Tramadol also gives me extra energy and I heard the same from another lady on Health Rising.
Thanks Edie! That's great info...and what great price at Costco!

Seeksassy

Hmm...I was taking 50 mg tramadol a number of years ago, but it had to be compounded. (I'm Canadian, too). Although it helped my pain some, I had a couple of seizures that we could only attribute to the tramadol. Never had one since I quit taking it.

Cort

Staff member
Hmm...I was taking 50 mg tramadol a number of years ago, but it had to be compounded. (I'm Canadian, too). Although it helped my pain some, I had a couple of seizures that we could only attribute to the tramadol. Never had one since I quit taking it.
No tramadol for you! :stop:

Issie

Tramadol and Bentyl have been my best POTS meds.

Word of caution on the aspirin to those with mast cell issues. Some are able to take a very small dose and it causes there to be a slow constant release of mast cells. The idea is to not have a massive dump. But for some of us, we don't tolerate that constant release and our symptoms intensify too much with it. I find turmeric and ginger to be very helpful for the inflammation factor. This too may thin your blood, like the aspirin does. So have to come off before surgery.

Issie

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources