Infrared sauna benefits ME/CFS?

Cort, and others, do you have any information on the use/effectiveness of saunas (and normal saunas vs infrared saunas) on CFS/ME? Do you find they help you?

Remy

Administrator
Cort, and others, do you have any information on the use/effectiveness of saunas (and normal saunas vs infrared saunas) on CFS/ME? Do you find they help you?
Here is a list of the potential benefits of using an infrared sauna.

I believe they work most by increasing the amount of EZ water in our cells. EZ water is the form of water that carries electrical charge and powers our cells. EZ water is often depleted in ME/CFS and other chronic illnesses and infrared sauna will help to reverse that. This all stems from the work of Gerald Pollack and his book, The Fourth Phase of Water, which I highly recommend.

http://jwkennedyfoundation.org/82-a...-you-don-t-know-about-water-and-really-should

The fourth phase of water is, in a nutshell, living water. It’s referred to as EZ water—EZ standing for “exclusion zone”—which has a negative charge. This water can hold energy, much like a battery, and can deliver energy too.

Thanks very much for the info Remy. :)

I read the link and will look into the book. Not sure how to source 'EZ water'? The interview with Pollack also mentions two other things of interest:

1. 'Earthing'. I've read a bit about 'earthing mats'. Do you have any info on these and if they help alleviate symptoms/aid recovery for ME patients?

2. Light/light therapy. Where it says.....
EZ CELLULAR WATER HELPS EXPLAIN HEALTH BENEFITS OF LIGHT AND HEAT THERAPIES

Heating equates to applying infrared energy, and Dr. Pollack has found that if you apply infrared, the EZ water builds and doesn’t diminish. The implications of this are profound when you consider the health benefits of sitting in an infrared sauna, for example. Essentially, one of the reasons why infrared saunas make you feel so good is because your body’s cells are deeply penetrated by infrared energy, which builds and stores EZ water. The same goes for light therapy, spending time in the sun, and laser therapy.

I've read about 'SAD' lights. Wonder if there is information showing these or other light therapy help patients with CFS?

Sorry to now add two other questions to the mix. Hope there might be info on these too.

Remy

Administrator
Not sure how to source 'EZ water'?
Probably the most cost effective way is to eat fruit and veg which will naturally contain some EZ water.

http://greensmoothie.com/water/pollack.php

You can also buy a variety of water structuring units. I have a whole house unit like this one but there are some other models too. Here is a portable model.

'Earthing'
I have not researched earthing mats to know if they work as well as just going outside and putting your feet on the ground. :) I should though because now I am curious!

I've read about 'SAD' lights. Wonder if there is information showing these or other light therapy help patients with CFS?

SAD lights can help correct circadian rhythm mismatches and will definitely help with symptoms. Avoiding blue light from phones and TVs at night especially is crucial. But you'd be better off just to go outside and look at the sun first thing in the morning whenever possible because the sun's energy is more than just the light. And it's free!

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I'm getting my radiant heat one-person sauna out of storage. Unfortunately it looks like it will not be easy to convert it to infrared.....I am gung ho on infrared saunas and hope to either make one or get one at some point.

Probably the most cost effective way is to eat fruit and veg which will naturally contain some EZ water.

http://greensmoothie.com/water/pollack.php

You can also buy a variety of water structuring units. I have a whole house unit like this one but there are some other models too. Here is a portable model.

I have not researched earthing mats to know if they work as well as just going outside and putting your feet on the ground. :) I should though because now I am curious!

SAD lights can help correct circadian rhythm mismatches and will definitely help with symptoms. Avoiding blue light from phones and TVs at night especially is crucial. But you'd be better off just to go outside and look at the sun first thing in the morning whenever possible because the sun's energy is more than just the light. And it's free!
Thanks so much for all your info and feedback Remy. Will look into if we can have access to an infrared sauna where we live. My son already eating lots of veges and some fruit. Will do some more juicing, for starters, re the EZ water. I'm going to look further into 'earthing mats' also. It's great to research the many different things people have done to help with CFS, but it is also very overwhelming trying to work out what might or might not help, what we can afford, what to try, or not. Appreciate your info.

I'm getting my radiant heat one-person sauna out of storage. Unfortunately it looks like it will not be easy to convert it to infrared.....I am gung ho on infrared saunas and hope to either make one or get one at some point.
Please do let us know if you start using an infrared sauna and if it helps. I read just today that Lady Gaga is using one for her fibromyalgia and says it really helps, followed by a cold bath or ice bath.

Issie

For those that don't want to buy one and may benefit.....Planet Fitness has a booth that has infared lights and a shake plate. You stand on it and program it to level you can do. The lights are all around you. It is a 12 minute program. Helps lymph drainage and muscle strength. I then go to the massage chair and the hydro massage table. Worth it to me if I do only those things. But, I try to do a little more with hubby's help. Trying to get some strength back.
Issie

Abrin

@Cort: I've been having some luck with just using an infrared bulb that is attached to a clip-on light with a ceramic socket. It is in no way as good as a real infrared sauna (which I much rather have) but I have noticed a benefit when I use it. Definitely way better than nothing. :D

Below is the link that got me to consider trying out using one bulb:
http://drlwilson.com/articles/HEAT LAMP.htm

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources