Is Your Brain on Fire? the Younger Video Series

Veet

@Who Me? Thanks! I noticed a kick from the Neuroprotek by day 2. Better energy (not the jittery kind), clearer thinking, better focus, and I've been better able to find words when I'm talking. Nothing has changed though regarding exertion intolerance.

Wondering if I should add more quercetin.

I started Neuroprotek specifically for brain inflammation, the non-stop chatter, after I'd done all the other things I could. It was effective almojst immediately. I tended to use 1 AM/PM. After my intensive detox efforts, I no longer needed NP. I was unaware of it having any effect on things other than my brain. But as soon as I started it I was able to omit the hypothalamus glandular I'd been taking for 2 years for calming.

Quercetin wasn't great for me due to sulfur component. I replaced it w/ mangosteen. But the quercetin in NP was fine for me.

Carollynn

I remembered this article--Is Your Brain on Fire?--when I realized that something has been helping my sleep. I've been icing my neck at night because of neck issues. What surprised me is that I've been sleeping better. On the nights that I've neglected to ice my neck, my sleep is awful. So I wonder if icing my neck is icing my brain stem--and helping my ME/CFS.

I've been measuring sleep these weeks with a FitBit, and it would concur that icing helps my sleep.

A few years ago I tried a memory foam pillow for neck support but found it interrupted my sleep because it made my head so hot. I later tried a pillow with a gel insert, but the gel heats up in a few hours with body heat. Now I just use a poly-fill of some sort, with loft, and a neck roll. But maybe someone should invent a refrigerated pillow for us.... I know chemo patients wear a Penguin cap with that technology.

I'm sharing now in case others may want to try it.

keepinghopealive

I remembered this article--Is Your Brain on Fire?--when I realized that something has been helping my sleep. I've been icing my neck at night because of neck issues. What surprised me is that I've been sleeping better. On the nights that I've neglected to ice my neck, my sleep is awful. So I wonder if icing my neck is icing my brain stem--and helping my ME/CFS.

I've been measuring sleep these weeks with a FitBit, and it would concur that icing helps my sleep.

A few years ago I tried a memory foam pillow for neck support but found it interrupted my sleep because it made my head so hot. I later tried a pillow with a gel insert, but the gel heats up in a few hours with body heat. Now I just use a poly-fill of some sort, with loft, and a neck roll. But maybe someone should invent a refrigerated pillow for us.... I know chemo patients wear a Penguin cap with that technology.

I'm sharing now in case others may want to try it.
Very interesting! There are "ice neck wraps" on the market, such as this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Ice-Neck...=1467995468&sr=8-1&keywords=pro+ice+neck+wrap

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Nice to have a simple solution.

A company is marketing a device to put on ones forehead that cools it enough to reduce overactivity in the front part of the brain. I wish I could remember were the heck I put that post. It's based on imaging studies which demonstrate the precise temperature needed to relax the brain.
Very interesting! There are "ice neck wraps" on the market, such as this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Ice-Neck...=1467995468&sr=8-1&keywords=pro+ice+neck+wrap

Carollynn

Keep looking! Based on my "preliminary" results, I'd try the head wrap! Anyone have experience with Penguin caps used for chemo for cancer? I think they are rented, which means they must be expensive to purchase.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources