Jarred Younger live Q & A

Who Me?

image.png

Seanko

@usedtobeperkytina Thank you for taking the time to organise the event. :) The last one was watched by people around the world.

There is great interest globally in the work going on at the Younger Lab. The short 5 minute monologues by Jarred are also good at explaining the work of the facility.

Keep up the good work, it is greatly appreciated.

PS Regional accents are great, I have a Scottish one. :)

@usedtobeperkytina Thank you for taking the time to organise the event. :) The last one was watched by people around the world.

There is great interest globally in the work going on at the Younger Lab. The short 5 minute monologues by Jarred are also good at explaining the work of the facility.

Keep up the good work, it is greatly appreciated.

PS Regional accents are great, I have a Scottish one. :)
Thank you.
On the side topic: Many do not realize that there is not one "southern accent." Mine is metropolitan south. But there is rural south, Appalachian south, bayou south and western south. Appalachian southern accent is the mountaineers ("hillbilly" as the derogatory term) speak. Most of these people are Scotts-Irish decent. Their customs and beliefs and speech have remnants from their Scottish roots. So, it's not that far off from your culture.

But as I said, I'm metropolitan south. My father is from Vermont, and my mother was raised in Birmingham by a father who was a city attorney. It's a milder southern accent, often confused with the midwest accent. But, I do think I'm getting more rural south (descendants of aristocratic plantation owners) as I get older.

In this next Q&A session, we are going to be much shorter on the intro stuff and get to the questions faster. We spent a lot of time on intro stuff the first time. It wasn't wasted. But now that it's been said, we can move on.

Last edited:
And, no, there is no "Alabama" accent. In Alabama, we have metropolitan south accent (me) around Huntsville, Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. We also have rural south accent around Montgomery and all the small towns in the bottom 2/3rds of the state. We also have Appalachian south accent in the northern 1/3rd of the rural and small towns in the state. And down around Mobile, we have a more bayou southern accent, similar to New Orleans.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
A question we expect to have answered in tomorrow's session: Since your theory is that Gulf War illness, fibromyalgia and ME/CFS are all caused by an oversensitized microglia, what would explain the different symptoms and different triggers, such as ME/CFS is more often triggered by an infection, fibromyalgia by an accident or surgery, and we theorize Gulf War illness is triggered by toxic exposure or an abundance of vaccines?

Remy

Administrator
And, no, there is no "Alabama" accent. In Alabama, we have metropolitan south accent (me) around Huntsville, Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. We also have rural south accent around Montgomery and all the small towns in the bottom 2/3rds of the state. We also have Appalachian south accent in the northern 1/3rd of the rural and small towns in the state. And down around Mobile, we have a more bayou southern accent, similar to New Orleans.
Yeah, I've got the Appalachian hillbilly one, I'm afraid! :wacky::D It made learning French a real nightmare for both me and the French people.

I think Tina's accent is much more beautiful.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources