Jarred Younger To Attempt to Fast-Track Treatments for ME/CFS and FM

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
First news on Jarred Younger's work to do some fast-tracking!!!! I'll definitely have a blog on this at some point.
Younger is in the early stages of creating a “fast-track clinical trial center.” That’s a working title, of course; it’ll probably end up with some wealthy donor’s name in front of it.

[fright]
Fast-Track-Status.jpg
[/fright]Or at least that’s Younger’s hope. He’s looking to raise up to $4 million over the next couple of years to make his fast-track center a reality.\

As envisioned, the center would test out multiple treatments for fibromyalgia and myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) simultaneously. It would rely on the support of donors, cutting through the NIH’s red tape and long waits for funding. On average, it takes about eight to 10 years for a treatment to navigate through the NIH’s grant system before it’s ready for public use.
Younger’s center would cut that time to about three years.

“I am not critical of NIH for how they distribute funds,” he explained. “Given their limited budget, they have to be cautious to make sure they don’t throw large amounts of money at ideas that don’t work. The NIH process is good for science in general, but it isn’t designed to support clinical trials. So, the fast-track center is a supplemental, but needed research entity.”

GG

First news on Jarred Younger's work to do some fast-tracking!!!! I'll definitely have a blog on this at some point.
“I am not critical of NIH for how they distribute funds,” he explained. “Given their limited budget, they have to be cautious to make sure they don’t throw large amounts of money at ideas that don’t work. The NIH process is good for science in general, but it isn’t designed to support clinical trials. So, the fast-track center is a supplemental, but needed research entity.”

Is the bolded quote from Mr. Younger, right? Anyone have a number for what the "Limited Budget" might be?

GG

Kim Garrett

It would be wonderful if could get these going . I have watched his Standford presentations when they were first released . His enthusiastic about his work and already made great strides in his research by not thinking like the status quo.

Seanko

From the article

Younger has other therapies that he’d like to test in fibromyalgia and ME/CFS patients, including luteolin, curcumin and dextromethorphan.

*He's mentioned luteolin in connection with his theory on inlfamed microglia, curcumin is belived to have have pain relieving properties...I didn't know what dextromethorphan was so looked it up.

*It's found in cough medicines & is used by teenagers to get high!
Web MD: Teen abuse of cough & cold medicines

*"A 2008 study found that one in 10 American teenagers has abused products with DXM to get high.....Although DXM products are quite safe when taken as recommended, high doses can cause hallucinogenic trips -- and pose serious risks."

"At high doses – as much as 10 to 50 times the suggested amount – DXM can cause hallucinatory and dissociative effects similar to those of PCP or ketamine (special K.)"

Kim Garrett

Young people abuse all kinds of medications. Also there is a big problem with methinphtamin users.you now have to show an ID and be logged if buying allergy meds with decongestants in it . A lot of the meds were prescription drugs and we're made OTC in the 90s in which I think was a mistake but oh well I guess .

Last edited:

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Is the bolded quote from Mr. Younger, right? Anyone have a number for what the "Limited Budget" might be?

GG
Yes, it's from Younger. The NIH's budget is somewhere around 30 billion I think. I'm not sure what the clinical trials budget is though.

Kim Garrett

Yes, it's from Younger. The NIH's budget is somewhere around 30 billion I think. I'm not sure what the clinical trials budget is though.
Wow it really makes you wonder .What his fast clinic cost would be and how he plans to get funding

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources