Jen Brea's Coxsackie Virus

Chfrazzle

I read (with my foggy brain) Jen Brea's recovery story from medium.com. A remarkable story. I am very thankful she has decided to provide us with updates and her thoughts on the pathophysiology of her illness and recovery. I am a bit confused about the Coxsackie B4 Virus. She said that Dr. John Chia believes her ME was caused by the Coxsackie B virus. That her antibody titers were high and still high. I believe she said (I can't find the quote at the moment) the Coxsackie virus was responsible for her craniocervical instability (CCI). She thought the virus was involved with fibroblasts which are part of collagen. She said her reasoning for this would be forthcoming. Obviously by reading my post here, I am not fulling grasping this. Does anyone have any thoughts about how the Coxsackie Virus would be responsible for collagen issues and thus her CCI? She also said she had the Coxsackie B4 virus. From my limited reading I can only find references to it causing issues with the heart. Does anyone have any thoughts about the connection between the virus and Jen's CCI?

Last edited:

pbyr

The best point I can think of is the strong fallout from the immune reaction. In other words, the immune spills out some pretty strong chemicals that damage healthy tissue, also called oxidative stress.

Merida

I am suspecting that the quality of the connective tissue affects the blood/ brain barrier and blood flow to central nervous system tissue. But also, excessive mobility at the top of the neck ( C1/C2 - also related to connective tissue qualities) can affect spinal fluid drainage from the brain and blood flow in vertebral arteries. These issues leave an open door to microorganisms.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources